Pages

Tuesday, April 5, 2011

# 84 Unofficial First Days and Starting Over...

So I'm officially living in Cleveland. Full-time. No plans to leave. A bit scared. Sorta excited. I moved week before last but then went home to Laurel for a while and then onto Memphis and Oxford. So, I've not really been here that long till now! I've spent most of my time unpacking boxes, hanging pictures, re-arranging furniture, lamenting on the massive number of trash bags full of clothes I have, reading, fixing my internet connection and just generally enjoying my time off. When I was home last week, I brought back lots of stuff that I'd left in Laurel. I was able to bring back Parker's toys, which I'd forgotten (I'm a bad mother), and Parker has shown how excited she was by pulling each toy out of the basket and bringing it to another part of the room, and then walking away, returning to the basket and getting another toy. She's emptied the entire basket twice. I've decide she has way too many toys.

So I'm sure many of you readers are wondering when, or, more precisely, IF, I will ever start my job. Yes, I'm wondering as well. I got the call last week that I could start immediately, on Friday. Yay! But, then, I got another call saying I had to take a pre-employment drug test before starting. So, Friday morning, I headed over to take the drug test. And while I wasn't really worried about failing the TEST, I was a bit concerned with all the procedures that go along with the test. I had to show my license three different times, but to only two different people. Then I had to empty my pockets and lift up my pants legs to mid-calf. I had to remove the cardigan I was wearing over my t-shirt and place all my things (wallet, cell, cardigan, etc.) into a large drawer that the nurse then locked. I then had to wash my hands with water, no soap, and then go fill up the cup, to the line, but I couldn't flush. I was so stressed out by this time, but I think I passed. I was told the test would take up to a week for the results to be returned to DHS. Later that day my boss told me not to worry about coming in Monday since the results wouldn't be in, but to plan on Tuesday, which would work out fine since there would be court in Clarksdale.

Unfortunately, Monday afternoon I got the call that Tuesday was a no-go as well. Now I'm beginning to get a complex about this. Beginning to worry that this is all some sick joke! But Anne Marie, the girl who will be training me, called and suggested I go to Clarksdale anyway, unofficially (and unpaid!) to watch the hearings and see how things were done. Since I'm super bored, I took her up on the offer and headed there today. I worked super hard so I rewarded myself with a cupcake from Crave. Its the first time I've been there when they actually had a cupcake I wanted to try. I'm not interested in flavors other than chocolate or vanilla, which apparently sell out super fast!!


Its really hard work when you have to work from 9:00 a.m. till nearly 3:00 p.m. I'm a tired girl!!!

1 comment:

Jeremy said...

"But I think I passed." I love this.