Pages

Monday, April 18, 2011

# 98 A late happy birthday to me!!!

A few blogs ago, I talked about going to see my friends Sonji and Clay for a birthday dinner at their house. It was such a yummy dinner and Sonji made a fabulous strawberry cake with homemade strawberry icing! Yum! This weekend, she sent me a couple pictures of that night, specifically, of me blowing out the candles. Now, this is kind of a traumatic experience-- I tend to giggle when I get embarrassed or nervous. And I tend to get embarrassed or nervous when everyone is looking at me. Like they were doing when I was blowing out the candles. So, there I was, trying to blow out the candles and I start giggling and I'm sure I am all different shades of red. And I try to blow them out, but I'm worried about spitting on the cake (ha!) and then the candles won't blow out! They were these super cute, curvy candles and I don't really think they were the "trick" candles, but at least a couple of them weren't going out and I was laughing even harder and then it was getting harder to blow them out! It was hilarious! I'm sure they all thought I was crazy, but they are my friends, so they love me anyway!

The pictures are funny and I thought I'd share them with you! Thanks Sunny, for making me a great cake and great food with great friends! Course, as much as I love you and your family, I could eat dirt off a paper plate and be happy, if you guys were around!



Also, note the fantastic green kitchen in the background-- she just remodeled her kitchen and it looks SO good! I love love love that color of green!

No comments: