Pages

Friday, April 15, 2011

# 94 Things I've learned this week...

-- I really like the word "STIP". Its short for stipulations, and its a term we here at DHS use a lot of the time. I like the word. It rolls of my tongue and when anyone at work uses it, I find myself saying it over and over in my head.

-- I've really missed the "work environment" of having co-workers. I've not really had any "co-workers" at my jobs in a long time. I've had other attorneys or legal assistants that I saw on a regular basis, but there were usually only one or two other people in any of the offices I've worked in many years. Yesterday, I sat in a breakroom with about 10 other women and really enjoyed listening to them talk about their food, cooking, their work, etc. And watching their "stories". I loved it!

-- I love having people visit me! Last week it was my mom, then Katherine came for a night and now Aunt Ju and Lori (and Lulu) are here. Its so nice to have someone to talk to other than Parker. I'm literally giddy I'm so excited about being with someone! This feeling of excitement might wear off eventually, but for now, I'm still a bit lonely and insecure about being in a new place, so its nice to have people to do things with on the weekends! So hurry up and come visit me!!

-- Its been a really long time since I've had the energy and desire to dress up cute for work. Or anything, really, not just work. I used to love thinking about what outfit I could wear (or sometimes, just what outfit was clean) or designing an outfit around a new pair of shoes or necklace, etc. But for the past few months, for obvious reasons, I've not done any of that. In fact, the past few months, I was doing good to put on jeans an a t-shirt, unless I absolutely had to go to court or something. So, I've been reminded this week that I enjoy getting dressed up and looking cute! Course lots of people I've seen the last few weeks, and several of my co-workers look cute all the time, so its nice a big deal or anything to anyone except me. Its just a reminder that bad times eventually pass and that its nice to start feeling like yourself again!

-- I love my new Bible Study-- Me, Myself and Lies by Jennifer Rothschild-- its really good! I picked it out a whim several months ago in a Lifeway Bookstore, but then FBC Laurel did the Bible Study (they might still be doing it, I don't know) and a friend randomly recommended it to me, not knowing I'd bought it on my own! Its all about our "thought closet" and how our thoughts should be reflections of our relationship with God and not filled with worry, doubt, insecurities, etc. As someone who can let a nagging thought gnaw on me for days and weeks and months, and let it literally consume me, this Bible Study is refreshing.

-- Unforunately for me, I've learned that I've lost most of my ability to focus on anything for very long-- my attention span is literally in the single digits. I noticed it during the opera Tuesday night and a couple other times when I was reading a book. Also, in the above-mentioned Bible Study, my focus is so week, I'm having to do just a few short paragraphs and then take a break. I'm hoping this attention span thing will be just temporary.

Ok, I'm tired of writing this post. I need a change of pace! See, I told you....

2 comments:

DebCarr said...

Ok, good post. Just keep them coming! Have fun this weekend...can't wait to see you next weekend for Easter.
Love, MOM

Jeremy said...

If I had known how much you enjoyed having co-workers, I would've sent you mine a long time ago.