Pages

Monday, April 25, 2011

# 106 I was able to witness amazingness...

I mentioned my trip home this weekend for Easter and what a great time we all had. Unfortunately, as previously noted, I cannot post pictures of my weekend, or of my fantastic Lemon Icebox Cake I made. Hopefully soon.

However, lucky readers, you can experience something amazing that happened this weekend, just like I did.

Yesterday we had Easter dinner at our Laurel house, and we had a big group-- Mom, Dad, Nick, Parker, Betsy and Peter, me, Aunt Ju, Em and our friend Bridget. After lunch, Betsy and I went through several large bags of makeup that my Aunt Ju was getting rid of. Its kinda ridiculous how much makeup she has. After we finished plundering, Betsy and Peter were getting ready to head back to Franklin, TN, and my mom and dad were outside with them, helping to load the car.

The rest of us were still inside, talking, chuckling, laughing. And watching the Vandy-LSU baseball game on the new TV we bought my mom for Mother's Day. Its one of those things where the game was in the background, and we were all talking and stuff, but sorta watching as well. And then, almost simultaneously, we all realized that on television, something amazing is happening-- live on television-- and we've all just witnessed it. And we all burst out laughing and screaming and then rewind it to make sure we've seen it correctly. We continue to laugh till we can barely breathe, and then make the others come inside to see this. It was amazing. Unfortunately, we were unable to make a video of it ourselves, but some enterprising young person was obviously quicker than us. So here it is, in full glory. Keep an eye on the guy on the right...

No comments: