Pages

Tuesday, April 5, 2011

# 85 Parker's Park

After I finished my cupcake reward from my half-day of pseudo-work, Parker and I took a walk. It was beautiful weather and on the other side of the block is a nice little park with baseball fields and tennis courts and walking trails and a playground. So we headed out for a walk. Unfortunately, if you've ever walked with and/or near Parker, you will know that she has to stop literally every 4 feet and smell something. Even if its something she's smelled a dozen times prior on a street she's walked down 100 times prior. So, we started out slow. Very slow. Which gave me time to untangle my ipod cord.

We headed over to the park which was apparently THE place to be for children ages 4-10 who are interested in sports and their parents-- there were at least 6 games of t-ball, baseball, softball, etc., going on, and as we were walking away, a small car pulled up and, no lie, 9 kids got out of the vehicle and one adult. Parker was a hit-- she always is-- and lots of the kids came up to pet her. One in particular tried really hard to pet her but she kept trying to run away-- I'm not sure why- he was wearing Ole Miss pants, so presumably, he was a nice kid.

Perhaps the most interesting part of the walk, which lasted only about 30 minutes, was the pace. We literally stopped dozens of times. Mostly because Parker had to use the bathroom every five minutes. I actually counted-- she went to the bathroom 13 times. I mean, there towards the end, it was just a drop or two. She's just so stubborn though. I was really annoyed-- I mean, is it necessary to mark your territory that many times? Now we are snuggled up on the couch, about to watch NCIS!!

No comments: