Pages

Wednesday, April 27, 2011

# 109 We are the Champions, my friends...

So last week, I went to trivia at Vince's in Leland, and my group (the Rocket Scientists) came in a respectable third. This week, I went to Hey Joe's, which is the regular trivia place that the group goes to each week. Several of the people from last week weren't there, but there were a lot of new people. We had a great time, and I really love Hey Joe's (as previously noted in this blog!).

Some of the questions were:

How many US President's have their been?

43

Who was the last VP to become President?

George H.W. Bush

Who was the first President to live in the White House?

John Adams

The Presidential category was really fun-- one of the guys I met tonight, Paul, had seen that was the category and had looked up some Presidential trivia right before we started, so he was able to answer a couple questions for us!

Unfortunately, there weren't any of the following Presidential trivia questions:

Who was a Presidential Personnel Intern in 2001?

Jessica

Who got stuck in a revolving door at an "undisclosed location" during 2001?

Jessica

Who has Presidential M & M's, lifesavers, napkins and ketchup?

Jessica

Which intern hung up on a former Miss America?

Jessica

Who got to interview Michael Reagan?

Jessica

I would have been really good at some of those questions.

There was also a category about music- I'm terrible at this category, I don't know any music. However, I was proud of my table for NOT getting the question about the Jonas Brothers. I think that makes us much cooler.

Numbers in sports--

How many minutes is a penalty in hockey?

2

How many feet is between 1st and 2nd in a softball field?

60

Which two baseball players have different gloves?

First base and Catcher

The final category was TV show themes-- including Home Improvement, Miami Vice, Community, and Cheers. That was a fun category.

And the winner was... US!!! We won first place! Of course, I'm pretty sure we were the biggest group in the place, but still! We won!! We won a $30 gift card-- to be used next week, I think!

No comments: