Pages

Monday, April 11, 2011

# 91 I could walk into a bookstore and never leave...

Sunday afternoon I said goodbye to my mom (sad!) after a great lunch at The Warehouse in Cleveland, and I headed over to Oxford to see Ole Miss beat Georgia baseball with Nicholas. We had a great time-- we had tickets to the Rebel Club area, upstairs, where you can sit inside and watch the game where its nice and cool, or you can sit outside in the grandstand seats. There are also tvs and nice bathrooms, etc. Nick and I sat outside part of the game and inside part of the game so he could watch the Master's on tv. They also have free food-- peanuts, popcorn, cookies, brownies, chicken nuggets, salad, hot dogs, etc. Its really fun!

After the game, I dropped Nick off at the Residential College (RC to those in the know), and headed over to Square Books where I spent money I didn't have to buy these four books:

I've been wanting this book for several years. Its all different post cards that were sent in from people all over the world. Its amazing what secrets people have-- some are funny, some are tragic and some are scary. I'll share some with you another day. I'm so excited about getting to look at this book.


The most recent Carolyn Haines book-- her new one comes out this summer. I love Carolyn so much-- both as a writer and as person, as I was lucky enough to meet her a few weeks ago. She's fantastic and her books are really funny. I've read all but this one in the series, and I just had to have it. I really have no self-control when it comes to books.


This is the next book on the Katherine and Jessica Book List. Grab a copy and start reading with us. At the rate we are going, we will finish this one in early 2012. So you have plenty of time.


As an attorney, I'm practically required to read books about the Scruggs scandal. I've watched this thing unfold the past couple years and I'm starting to read King of Tort, which i got for Christmas, but then let my dad borrow and just recently got back.

No comments: