Pages

Tuesday, April 26, 2011

# 107 Parker's in the doghouse...

Prettiest girl. Sweetest girl. Smartest girl. Best girl. Funniest girl. All names I call my Parker on a regular basis. Now, I have a new one to add to that. Brattiest girl.

Parker is officially on my bad list. That's a phrase Nicholas likes to utter, and today, its totally true. Sunday was Parker's birthday. She turned 4. She has an Amazon.com wishlist and is still waiting on you people to buy her gifts. I told her not to get her hopes up, since I've received NO gifts for my birthday/moving away/housewarming/new job/100th blog/5000th view/any other holiday I've repeatedly dropped hints about.

Anyway, I love Parker. Adore her. Don't know what I'd do without her. Except today, I do know what I'd do without her. Without Parker today, I would have been in my nice warm house, watching Stargate Atlantis reruns instead of chasing a psycho dog three blocks from my house in my pajamas and flip flops while my stoner neighbor asks me "That a shih tzu dog?" over and over till I answer. Yes, dude, its a shih tzu. Don't you see I'm panicking here and don't have time to answer you? Couldn't you help me?

Without Parker, I wouldn't have had to run through three different backyards of houses, only to run back into their front yards on the other side of the house. If it weren't for Parker, I wouldn't have actually run up onto the porch of a house where the door was open, and a man was sitting in a chair right in my line of sight, who then promptly stood up and shut the door as I was running back off the porch in pursuit of my crazy dog.

Without Parker, I would not have crossed two very busy streets, and stepped in three large mud puddles. If not for Parker, I wouldn't have been running through people's driveways screaming "Parker" and "No" and "Stop" with varying degrees of calmness (in the beginning so as not to spook her), angry (after calmness didn't work) and panic (when she crossed the road about 10 feet from a car). Without Parker, I wouldn't have had the fun of picking up a dog in mid-"job" in the middle of someone's yard, since I was so afraid she would run off again after she finished!

Without Parker, I wouldn't have had to walk the three blocks back to my house, my feet muddy, my hair a mess, tears streaming down my face as I alternately screamed at her and cried into her stomach with relief. I just don't know what I'd do without Parker.

Here are some of the many pictures I've taken of her. Caution: I don't have kids to take obnoxious amounts of pictures of, so this is my alternative. If you don't want to keep reading, that's ok-- I'll never know!!

On the way home from Gatlingburg-- she was tired-- this is how she likes to be- snuggled up in a tight space. Even as I type this, she is right between my leg and a couch pillow and every time she blinks or moves her eyes, her eye lashes tickle my toes. Also, in the picture note my super trendy black glitter fingernails. I'm so goth.


Sweet girl lounging in the bed:


Taken yesterday:


Her favorite place at the new house-- usually I cannot keep the door open, however, cause she barks like a maniac at anything outside. Its annoying!


One of Parker's favorite places at the Laurel house- the bathtub. She gets in there a lot. I don't really know why. I guess she sees everyone else getting in there occasionally and wants to see what the fuss is about.


Parker after an apparently rough night:


Nick and the sweetest girl in Gatlinburg:


The most awesome picture of Parker. Ever. Taken by Betsy in Gatlinburg:


Betsy and Parker over the Easter weekend. Parker was really interested in the goings on around the house. She was also very glad to see Betsy.


Parker relaxing during an Ole Miss football game. Being so cute wears one out.

2 comments:

DebCarr said...

Parker tries to look all sweet and innocent.....

Jessica said...

Parker is so sweet and innocent! She's perfect!