Pages

Tuesday, May 31, 2011

# 137 Sometimes I Thank God for Answered Prayers...

If you are a facebook friend, then you know this news I'm about to share (and if you are not, I'm really sorry for not posting it sooner!):

I got my purse back!


(above-- my purse, dumped out on the floor, as I go through it all to see what's there! They went through everything because it was all just dumped back in there but it was mostly all there!!)

After the recent break-in (or brick-in, if you will), I was mostly upset about the loss of my purse, and everything in it. Of course, the debit card, license, checks, etc. were a huge loss, but those things can be easily replaced. What wasn't so easy to replace were the pictures, ticket stubs, business cards, favorite lip glosses, etc. Or the actual purse. And certainly not my beloved planner. This planner has all sorts of stuff in it-- birthdays and addresses of friends of mine for the past 10 years, lists of books I want to read, websites I should visit, quotes I love, things to do/have done, etc. It has all my upcoming events and necessary details for the next few months. It has random doodles and color illustrations on each day of the week (what can I say, I'm a loser!).

Back to the story-- last week, I was outside with Parker in the backyard and I came inside to get some water and I see a random man standing in my yard, in front of the window, holding my purse. I run to the front door and he introduces himself as Todd, my neighbor a block or so down the street. He said he's been out of town with his wife, and just got back and was mowing his grass when he found my purse.

I was ecstatic and crying and blubbering and trying to explain the situation to him, and I'm pretty sure he thought I was entirely nuts! But who cares??!! I had hoped that someone might return some of my stuff, but then I remembered that there wasn't anything in my purse with my new address on it-- everything had my Laurel or Newton address. But Todd said that he found a water bill stuck in a side pocket with my new address on it. He was super nice and seemed very concerned about explaining that the only reason he went through my stuff was to look for an address, and felt bad for violating my privacy. Well, Todd, I think that the invasion of my privacy happened when the brick went through the window, so invade the privacy all you want if you are returning the purse!!!

So, this is a super answered prayer! Everything was in the purse except some change that was in the wallet and a gift card to Olive Garden. Everything else was still there-- my wallet, license, social security card, debit cards, checks, chapsticks, Parker's collar, my planner, my pictures, my makeup, everything!!! I was so excited! Unfortunately, it had rained over the weekend while the purse was outside, so the planner is kinda bent up and the pages are mostly ruined, but they can be replaced!!

I'm so thankful to God for answering this prayer-- it wasn't anything major and I would have survived if I never got the purse back, but it was just so nice to know that God was watching out for me! And watching out with a random water bill stuck in the side pocket!

Second answered prayer-- I'm financially embarrassed. This is nothing unusual for me, as most of you know. But tomorrow I'm headed to Jackson for a CLE and then on to Atlanta to see The Monkees in concert! So I'm needing some money, or at least some gas, to make it through the weekend! I just got paid, but the paycheck I get on the last day of the month (today) goes mostly to rent and a couple small bills, so there isn't much disposable income until my second paycheck. Anyway, I was beginning to get stressed about making it all work out when I cleaned out a drawer and found a BP pre-paid gas card. I called to check on the balance and ta-da- it was $50.00! That was enough to fill my tank today at lunch and hopefully it will get my at least halfway to Atlanta this weekend!

Even better?

I found a pre-paid VISA card for $50.00 that was sent to me as a mail-in-rebate forever ago! So, now I'm totally balling and planning on blowing it out this weekend! I hope those Monkees are ready cause I'm heading their way!!!

No comments: