Pages

Wednesday, May 4, 2011

# 115 The best thing about working...

I'm loving my job. Love it! Its so much different from practicing on my own, and I think I'm adjusting ok! I love having co-workers and having someone to ask questions when I don't know what I'm doing. I think I will eventually get the hang of things and when I do, I'll feel even better.

I'm also loving having a paycheck, a steady one! This last pay period wasn't great-- I didn't get a full paycheck, but the next one will be normal, so that's good.

But you know what the absolute best thing about my job, thus far, is?

This:


Its my health insurance card! I have health insurance! I can go to the doctor without having to pay a $75.00 upfront fee! I even have a prescription card! For someone who hasn't had health insurance for several years, this is super exciting. For the last couple years, every time I got sick, I worried about going to the doctor, or tried to put it off, or tried to figure out if I had the money to pay the bills. I'm still paying hospital bills from nearly four years ago, a few bucks a month! And in the back of my head, I was always worried that something awful would happen, like a car accident or whatever, and I'd be stuck with lots of medical bills. I often wondered if that happened, would people throw me one of those benefits where they sell the steak and a potato and a smushed roll for $7.00, and all the proceeds would go to my medical bills? Or that some kind, rich couple would let me know that they will pay all my medical bills, and I shouldn't worry. Or that the car accident would be the fault of some person with lots of insurance.

Well, now I don't have to worry about that! I've got insurance! No more worries. Now, I've got to find a doctor up here in Cleveland and make an appointment-- I plan on getting every single test that I can think of run! Just to be sure!!

1 comment:

E.C. said...

Your posts have been cracking me up the past few weeks, Jess. I'm still smiling about Public Enemy #1 and the call-out you placed on your mom for not sending the camera wire. Are you sure you shouldn't just be a professional blog writer -- surely that comes with benefits!