Pages

Sunday, May 8, 2011

# 120 America's Next Top Models...

I'm constantly on the lookout for cool new blogs to read-- for fun but also to get new ideas about blogging. Since I'm apparently not going to give up this blogging thing anytime soon, and I've not (yet) gotten bored with it, I want to keep my blog looking fun and new. I mean, I know my blog will never look as cool as some of the people who actually understand what an RSS or editor template actually is. But I try to get on-line occasionally and come up with tweaks here or there for my blog to make it look nicer. I've been noticing on other blogs that lots of people take way cooler pictures than me. I just don't have the eye for neat-o angles or interesting features in my pictures. My pictures are just what they are-- pictures of what I'm talking about. And now that I have a pretty awful camera, they are actually getting worse, not better. One day, I'll buy one of those fancy-smancy cameras and we can all oooh and ahh over all the pictures I take of Parker. Since she's my main model.

But I'm trying to keep this blog fresh and relevant and fun, and I'm super worried that you dear readers will quit coming to my blog each day and instead go to some other random single-gal-in-the-little-city-with-a-cute-dog-and-not-much-else-to-say-blog. So, I'm shaking things up. I just spent an hour Saturday night researching ways to take cooler pictures. And I discovered this:

Be Funky.

You can upload pictures and use all types of special effects. For free. There are even cooler special effects that you can pay for, but the free features are good enough for who its for. That is, you!

So I played around on there, using a picture of me and the sweetest girl I took earlier that afternoon. Let me know which ones you like the best!!

The original:




I like this one-- it looks cool!



This is my favorite one-- its what I was looking for-- cool and funky!


This is similar to the lighting they must have used in the Sex and the City 2 movie. Some very generous lighting.




Isn't this one great-- its the "Vintage" one-- it reminds me of all the old photos we all have. Which are apparently now "vintage". Ugh. I'm getting old.

1 comment:

DebCarr said...

omg!! I love them all...especially the Andy Warhol take! If this lawyering thing doesn't work out, perhaps you can be a photographer...while you work your way through pharmacy school.....LOL