Pages

Monday, May 2, 2011

# 112 Working hard for the money...

Today I worked in Clarksdale all by my lonesome self (my co-worker Ann Marie had to work at her own office in Indianola today. Its much more fun when she can train me!). I spent the day filing cases. I made it through the letter B in the filing cabinet with only a few questions. I fear that tomorrow Donna, at the Clerk's office, will call me and tell me I filed 30 cases and they were all wrong! I've filed cases before, tons of times, but these are a bit different and when you file that many in a row, you tend to overlook some of the small details that are easy to get wrong. Most of the cases are similar, but there are differences in certain cases-- like different forms for different cases, or different things that need to be written in or attached, so its easy to get on such a roll that you realize you filed three cases in a row, and the last one was supposed to be a different type. So you have to fix it. I'll get the hang of it eventually, but for now, I'm often second-guessing myself and rechecking everything, so I'm slow!

Here are some pictures of my office, taken today:

This is my desk view-- you can see the Coke machine in the doorway-- its been there for two weeks. Its a tease, however- its empty. I took it upon myself to call today and apparently, they didn't even have an order to fill it. So, its a good thing I called! We should have DC's by close of business Wednesday.


You can see the fancy METS computer program on my screen. Its the best of the State, circa 1997. But it gets the job done, and quickly.


This is the set of filing cabinets-- all full of cases ready for me to file. And I do mean full. See below.


This is how many is in one drawer!


I worked the entire day, mostly on filing cases-- I did about 30. You can see my progress-- it was full when I started and now there is some room to breathe!



Tomorrow is a court day in Clarksdale, so my tired fingers will get a break from typing and doing paperwork in the office! I love court!

2 comments:

ASunnyRose said...

Where's ur candy dish AND ur picture of ME?!! I'm so sending u a pkg! Hit me w ur addy!

Jessica said...

Sonji, you cannot see it, but on the filing cabinet, there is a picture of Gatlin and Bentley from Easter! My address is 304 South Victoria Avenue, Cleveland, MS 38732. Come see me!!