Pages

Wednesday, May 18, 2011

# 129 Mattress (S)Hopping...

Today I was lucky/unlucky enough to get to travel to Indianola and help my brother pick out a mattress and box springs set for his new house in Oxford. I'm not sure this blog has the capability of explaining how much fun this experience really was. And I'm only partly being sarcastic.

We went to 82 Outlet, this great place in Indianola that has all sorts of great deals. There are tons of pieces of furniture that I'm dying to get, but they will have to wait! Nick was in the market for a mattress and they have some pretty good deals. He convinced his roommate, Dillon, to come over with his dad's truck and pick out some stuff for their house. It was a wild and crazy day.

After laying on a couple mattresses in the middle of the floor and debating the merits of various types of pillows, Nick finally made his choice. Then, the fun began:


I will be honest- I was laughing so hard at this situation that I could barely take the picture. The ladies in the store were cracking up inside, and I think it was the funniest thing I've ever seen-- seeing these two chuckleheads trying to get this mattress into the truck was great. Actually, Dillon had it together, sorta, and Nick was mostly useless. Poor Dillon, he was working hard to get it all tied down and situated. On the ride home, they had to go about 50 miles an hour-- they are probably still somewhere between Marks and Batesville.


Nick's mattress top and pillows:


Here's where the real fun began-- Dillon was obsessed with what seemed to be the world's largest bean bag-- a steal at $50.00. He and Nick argued about it, fussed over it, discussed it, called their other roommates to debate it, and it seemed, at first, that Nick won-- he had succeeded in convincing Dillon that it was an ugly black monstrosity.

But Dillon made a last-second decision and bought it anyway. And then, he tried to fit it in the vehicle. Yet another amazing part of this day...





My "finders fee" for helping out. Personally, I think the entire ordeal (including shopping with my dad and brother last weekend) is worthy of a LOT more than a warming plate that's on sale for such a good price-- I believe my effort was worth more like a brand-new food processor (for all the new baking I'm doing) or a new chest of drawers for my room or something. But I will settle for this. And the immersion blender I also got!


We celebrated our day of shopping with pizza and artichoke dip at Lost Pizza Company in Cleveland. It was excellent and I had a great time hanging out with two of my favorite guys!

1 comment:

DebCarr said...

Again, Jessica, words fail me!! I mean, what do you say!! Actually, I think you should thank Dad and I for giving you such good "material" for your blog...LOL
Gosh, I wish I could have been a fly on the wall!