Pages

Tuesday, May 10, 2011

# 123 You put the lime in the coconut...

Last night was a fun night here at the Carr Household. Last week, when I got my wild hair and made the peanut butter bar recipe, I also bought the ingredients for a coconut-lime cookie. I don't like coconut. At all. But something about this recipe looked really good to me, and I love lime. So last night I finally had the chance to make this recipe-- and it was GOOD!!!

While I was making the recipe, I got some visitors from across the street-- Jennifer Walker and her daughter, Abigail. Jennifer is the Sunday School teacher at FBC, Cleveland, in the class I went to Sunday. She wasn't there Sunday, but wanted to come meet me. We had a good time talking and dodging the mosquitoes outside!

After they left, I headed back to the kitchen (where women belong!) and finished my cookies. It was hard work to make cookies from scratch but I'm super proud of myself! Here are some pictures:

Start with coconut, lime and sugar- smells really good!


See how I am working so hard? I even got flour on my hands!


All mixed up-- this would have been a lot better if I owned a food processor. Anyone have an old one they want to donate to this blog?


Kneading the dough:


My fancy cooling racks:


Yum-o! I made a lime glaze for the top-- and it was fantastic!


One lesson learned: Its not a good idea to use a grater on a lime while trying to dance to the song "Footloose". Perhaps another song, but not that one. I was injured, but luckily I was able to push through the pain and carry on. This picture doesn't do it justice-- you can barely see the blood.

1 comment:

kjgatlin said...

So where's the recipe, or do you intend to make a Whopping Huge batch and send everybody some?!