Pages

Wednesday, June 1, 2011

# 138 The Hostess with the Mostess...

It's that time again-- Bunco time! Even though I'm kinda a newbie in a fairly new bunco group, I was the hostess this month-- so last week, I spent all week cleaning and cooking and trying to make things look generally presentable. I love doing stuff like this and there is nothing like the threat of having a bunch of people over to your house to make you get up and get stuff done that's been on your to do list for months. I always break my back trying to get too much done before a party, but then it turns out great and then I have a nice clean house and usually some leftovers when everyone leaves. This time was no exception.

We were missing a few people, but we had a great time!

Here are some pictures:

I used some beach buckets and sand to make some cute tablescapes!


This was outside on the porch-- you can see the bucket of sand and also the beach bag given to me by fellow blogger, Katie!


Getting set up


Everyone always gathers in the kitchen


All the food-- fresh salsa, shrimp salad sandwiches, hummus and baked beans. Pineapple Upside Down cake for dessert-- another recipe from my good friend Katie!


Everyone thought Parker was super sweet and super well-behaved. I just don't think they know her very well. Sweet, yes. Well-behaved? Not so much.


Leathe, Jade and Lindsay


Anne Marie, Pam and Carrie

1 comment:

DebCarr said...

Love it when you post pictures of your house so I can see all MY stuff that you have "TAKEN".....
MOM