Pages

Thursday, May 19, 2011

# 130 Rolling out the Red Carpet...

Tonight Cleveland had a real treat-- a visiting dignitary. The Mayor of Newton. A lot of people were really excited. I've not personally talked to any of those people, but I believe there are some excited people out there. The Mayor didn't want a bunch of security or cost to the taxpayers of Cleveland (unlike President Obama and Ireland), so he didn't make a big deal about coming. He's ethical like that, you know. He had been on a furniture shopping spree with the First Son over in Oxford, and came over to visit me for the evening. Who am I kidding-- he totally came to visit Parker. But at least I got dinner out of it!

I spent the day in Hernando for child support court (working hard today-- didn't get lunch till 3:30!), and barely got back to the big city before the Mayor rolled in in his Hyundai (2009!)! We hit up Airport Grocery:


We blew it out with the fried mushrooms as an app and we split the open faced roast beef. I also got a baked potato to take for lunch tomorrow. Ice water with lemon for these two wild and crazy cats. Unfortunately, much like last time, Airport Grocery was out of the couple things I really wanted to eat, but it was still a good dinner.

Then we headed home to stand outside and listen to the Ole Miss-Arkansas baseball game (we won!) on the car radio. This is something of a tradition at my house-- many, many an afternoon or evening has been spend sitting outside under the carport listening to an Ole Miss game on the radio (especially before there were 28,682 different ESPN/FSS/CSS networks that began broadcasting college games.)

Now, Dad's watching The Mentalist and I'm updating this blog. He just asked how he can find my blog on the internet. Presumably, the "bookmark" tab on his computer doesn't work.

Also, he and his friend Mr. Phil have been texting about the baseball game. Dad's new phone is slowing him down considerably on the text messaging front, so this process is taking a while!




All in all it was a fun evening and I'm super glad I got to see my dad! Parker is really excited too! I personally think I have the greatest dad in the world, so I'm always glad to see him!

No comments: