Pages

Wednesday, May 4, 2011

# 116 Its been a hard day's work...

I worked super hard today. Each week, I'm supposed to file 25 new cases. This past week-- Wednesday until yesterday, I filed 50. Isn't that awesome! Unfortunately, its not that awesome, since I really didn't have anything else to do. Most weeks won't be that great, because I will be seeing clients, filling out other paperwork, having court, etc. But I'm pretty proud of myself anyway. Today I filed a total of: None. I did a bunch of other stuff. And while doing those other things, like figuring out how to send an email message on one of the three (3) different mail programs I have, I also came across some of the file folders used by my predecessor. We use these daily. They look like this:


I've seen these file folders the last few weeks and I thought I could handle it. I thought I was strong enough to resist. I figured that one day, when I was bored, I'd have enough time to make some changes, but until then, I'd just live with what I got. I mean, I just started-- don't want to make too many changes too soon, you know?

Well, today, I pulled a continuance form out of the folder and I couldn't handle it anymore. I've had a tough year or so, and I've been working on making myself a better person, more happy, more content, less stressed, blah blah blah. But I could not handle one more minute looking at those file folders. I mean, can you readers out there see what the tabs say? I'd say not since you cannot see them in person at all. Its not just a bad picture. They are old. I knew that I wasn't going to be able to survive one more minute with those file folders in the corner of my eye. I felt like it was necessary for my mental health. So I got to work, with some brand spanking new file folders I bought at Wal-Mart on my lunch break.


Now, isn't that much better? I mean, its a million times better!


And aren't the colors pretty? I'm an office supply nerd. I love office supplies. I could spend hours in a good Office Depot. Its like a toy store for adults who have to work in boring offices. If I've got to spend a lot of time sitting at my desk, I at least want some pretty things to look at! I want pictures of my friends and family looking back at me and I want lots of colors in my boring gray office!

2 comments:

kjgatlin said...

Beautiful job, and I love the colors! Bright means happy!

Jessica said...

Thanks Aunt Jane! It does look much happier and more fun! So much better!