Pages

Saturday, May 7, 2011

# 119 Top Chef Beginners...

Friday night was a wild one around here at the Carr household. After work, Parker and I took a little walk and then I headed to the kitchen (where women belong, right?). Last week, my colleague (sounds better than co-worker!), Ann Marie had brought a Better Homes and Garden's recipe magazine to work (when she's training me, there isn't a whole lot she can do while I am slowly but surely figuring things out!). I'd made some copies of some of the more yummy-looking recipes. When I was making my file folders the other day, and cleaning out my desk drawers, I found the recipes and yesterday, I got a wild hair (Rebekah, that's for you!), and decided to make a couple of the recipes. I went to Kroger after work yesterday and once Parker was situated, I got to cooking.

First, I made the Potato-Topped Beef Casserole. It was essentially a Sheperd's Pie, but it was pretty good. I have a lot of leftovers.



Doesn't it look fancy with the parsley that I was too lazy to actually chop?


Not a bad dinner! I won't bother posting the recipe since it basically the same as a Sheperd's Pie (although, usually I don't like vegetables in my Sheperd's Pie, but this was not bad. It does, however, make me a bit nervous, what with all the food touching and mixed up and all.)


My next masterpiece was Peanut Butter Bars-- and they are FINE!!! I am all about these things! They are yummy-- you start out making a crust- from scratch!!


Then its melted butter and chocolate-- its hard to go wrong when that's the basis of your recipe!


Peanut Butter icing-- also made from scratch! I'm a ridiculously talented cook!


Cooling on the baking rack. I've even got all the cool baking tools!


Ta-da!


My evening reward for all my hard work in the hot kitchen! Peanut Butter Bar and Ice Cold Milk!

1 comment:

DebCarr said...

would be nice if your poor, tired, ole mother had some peanut butter bars....