Pages

Saturday, March 5, 2011

# 63 I work hard for the money...

So todays the yard sale and I posted a picture yesterday of the stuff on the porch which was not even half of all the stuff we had to sell. Well, the porch still looks about the same because we've moved the sale onto the porch because of the rain! I woke up at 5:15 this morning and started putting up signs and tables and getting things ready. About 6 I sat on the swing and realized everything was soaked. Now, a few weeks ago, this would have driven me to tears! But not today! We moved everything under the porch, pulled the stuff from inside and started arranging as best we could!

Now I have a lot of good stuff- tons of really good stuff. And some of it is still sitting out here with me. But I've managed to sell more than $350! I'm so excited! Moms gone to get lunch and its still raining so its slowed down considerably, but I'm so happy! Its going to be a mess to get all this stuff to the Salvation Army or somewhere, but its great to get it out of my house! We've had a lot of fun- Aunt Ju and Lulu came by and Lori was here and a couple other people we know- we've laughed and cut up! Its times like these that I know I will miss my family a ton! Who else can make sitting in the cold rain trying to sell stuff a lot of fun! Mom even met a new friend, Gail, and they bonded over their love of tea and vintage and pink! They've made plans to hang out soon! Its nice for her to make a friend since soon I will be gone!

We are probably going to take some of this stuff to the Salvation Army but some of the nicer stuff we are taking to a local lady named Miss Polly. She runs a half-way type house for addicts and people getting out of jail. She also does childrens Bible study and helps people get apartments and live on their own after they are clean and sober. Its a huge ministry and she gets everything donated- she gets a truck full of food donated each week by an anonymous donor! She makes people work for their food and board and its a really great place. I'm hoping she can use some of these linens, clothes, etc.
Sent from my BlackBerry® smartphone

No comments: