Pages

Friday, March 25, 2011

# 81 Happy birthday to me...

So I know I've been a bit lax on the blogging here lately, and I apologize. I didn't have internet for a while there, and, even though Sunday night I was able to steal internet, that didn't really work again whenever I tried to get on the computer. Wednesday the cable guy came to install but he didn't install my internet himself, instead promising that "it was super easy, and you just turn the computer on and the website will take you through three easy steps." Yeah, thanks Robert. Cause it didn't work. And that was late Wednesday afternoon and when I realized the issue, it was too late to call back and I left Thursday to come back to Newton County. So you angry mob blog readers can fuss at Robert from Tuscaloosa.

But don't fuss at me-- I'm too nice of a person! And yesterday was my birthday! That's right, folks, I'm the BIG 2-5. Or somewhere along those lines. I lied about my age for a while and then I decided to be honest about it, and those couple years weren't great for me, so I've decided to go back to lying.

Anyway, my birthday was absolutely fabulous! Parker and I headed home yesterday afternoon, arrived in Newton to little fanfare (that's ok though, we like to keep things low-key!) and then headed to the big town of Sebastopol. Yes, you heard that right. I like to roll in style. Mom, Betsy, Aunt Ju, Em and Lori met us in Forest and we went to eat at Lee's Steakhouse. It was fabulous! I've never been before, but everyone in Newton and the surrounding areas love it. Mom and Dad and their group of friends (The Fun Bunch) go a lot. But I was a bit nervous making everyone drive from Laurel and worried it wouldn't be that great. My worried were unfounded because it was SO good! Steaks were fantastic and I'm kicking myself for leaving my leftovers in my the backseat of my dad's car. They brought me cheesecake and sang (so embarrassing!) and it was such good cheesecake! Betsy refused to order any cheesecake because she's headed to the beach this weekend and has to fit into her bathing suit. However, her vanity didn't stop her from finishing half of my piece. Or half of Aunt Ju's piece. Or the rest of Lori's piece. Her vanity, however, did allow her to fuss at us for "making her eat the cheesecake".

It was a really good night and I had lots of birthday well-wishers which is always nice-- makes you feel loved! Facebook is super great about that-- people who you wouldn't normally talk to or see or people who wouldn't even know it was your birthday are able to say "Happy Birthday!". A couple people even told my dad to tell me Happy Birthday! Makes a girl feel loved!

Confession. A few weeks ago, I did some Facebook stalking on an ex-boyfriend's page. Now, I don't want him back. I don't even really miss him. And I'd not looked at his page in many months, probably since the summer. But, I was curious and checked it out. He's married now, and they are expecting sometime soon. And I noticed that her birthday was the week or so prior to when I was doing my stalking. And I counted that she had approximately 75 people tell her Happy Birthday. Now, here is the real confession part. I'm super happy without this guy and I am genuinely glad he seems to be happy and all-- he'd always wanted a family so I'm glad he's getting one. But in the back of my mind, since I'd seen those Birthday posts, I'd hoped that I would get more than 75 posts. Just 76 would have been fine.

And I did. Now, if that makes me a bad, selfish, obnoxious person, that's ok. Cause more than 76 people think I'm cool enough to say "Happy Birthday" to! Actually quite a few more than 76 which is nice! Its like that LeAnn Womack song--

I heard he was gonna marry some girl from Denver
Then my sister came over, had the Sunday paper with her
There was the girl on the social page
Lookin' in love and all engaged
We decided she don't take a very good picture

It may be my family's redneck nature
Rubbin' off, bringin' out unlady-like behavior
It sure ain't Christian to judge a stranger
But I don't like her
She may be a stranger who spends all winter
Bringin' the homeless blankets and dinner
A regular Nobel Peace Prize winner
But I really hate her
I'll think of a reason later

I drew horns and blacked out her tooth with a marker
Childish, yes, but she made such a thin little target
I couldn't be happier on my own
But I've got the slightest of a jealous bone
And seein' her with him tends to enlarge it

It may be my family's redneck nature
Rubbin' off, bringin' out unlady-like behavior
It sure ain't Christian to judge a stranger
But I don't like her
She may be a stranger who spends all winter
Bringin' the homeless blankets and dinner
A regular Nobel Peace Prize winner
But I really hate her
I'll think of a reason later

Inside her head may lay all the answers
For curin' diseases from baldness to cancer
Salt of the earth and a real good dancer
But I really hate her
I'll think of a reason later

(Spoken) Well, it was just one tooth
Did I mention I don't particularly care for her?
She makes me sick...

No comments: