Pages

Friday, March 18, 2011

# 75 A weekend to look forward to...

Last week was a weekend to remember-- this one is going to be a weekend to forget. Its moving time! I am so very excited about moving and about building a new life in a new place-- its exactly what I need at this point in my life. However, moving is a pain! Its messy, its hot (regardless of the actual weather), its frustrating and its tiring. In a way, moving is kind of a metaphor for my life lately-- I've got to get through the packing of the boxes and the moving of the stuff and the destroying of my pretty little home and the messiness of the situation, in order to get into my new life-- the ugliness comes before the prettiness. Totally my life-- my life's gotten a bit ugly here recently and I've got to get through a bunch of obstacles before I'm happy with it and myself again. I'm at the last obstacle-- actually moving my stuff!!!

I've spent all week trying to get work stuff finished, pack boxes, move boxes around, find a U-haul, find people to help me move, get my utilities turned on, etc. Oh yeah, and remember that great conference resort place I went to last weekend? I was able to bring home an additional souvenir-- some form of bed bugs. So this week I also got to go to the doctor (a horrible experience for someone with no insurance!), get medicines, take medicines, be super drowsy from said medicine, and clean, vacuum and wash all sorts of stuff in an effort to get rid of my new friends. I think I managed. I've not bothered to take pictures of the bites on my arms, but they looked really bad for a while, but are finally looking better. And they no longer really itch that much, so that's good!

Moving is never very fun and I'm lucky that for this particular move, I will have a "second chance"-- meaning, I will be home next week so if i forget anything or don't have room, I can pick it up then. Thank goodness!! The U-haul will be picked up tomorrow before noon and the guys helping me move will arrive at 2. So, I've got lots to do before tomorrow! Parker and I will head out with Mom and Dad on Sunday, arriving in Cleveland after lunch! One minor problem-- water won't be turned on till Monday! So don't come by to use my bathroom! I think we will be ok though!

Now, I know you will fuss at me for what I'm about to say, but here it is-- expect sporadic posts from now until next Wednesday when I get my internet. I know, I know-- its shocking- I've NEVER missed a blog post, ever. Come rain shine, bed bugs, strep throat, vacation, sleeping in, Gala, boredom, blogger's block, etc. NEVER. I'm reliable like that, but I hope you can understand that I will probably not have much of a chance to blog for the next couple days. I also hope you will understand my sarcasm in the previous sentences- I KNOW I'm not so great at blogging every day, despite my promises to do so. I'm continuing to work on that! I will try to blog via email on my phone, but please don't be sending me any of those harassing texts wherein you fuss at me for not blogging!

Ok, I must get back to work-- I've got lots to do today and I've already done a ton of stuff! I'm tired!!!

No comments: