Pages

Tuesday, March 1, 2011

# 57 Always making apologies...

So, its been a busy weekend. And always on the weekends I'm making apologies for not blogging like I'm supposed to be. I no longer have internet at the house, so I can only blog when I head to Decatur to work. Which is today! Or I can go to Lee's coffeehouse and buy something to eat, or, more likely, sit outside in my car while I blog. Which is stealing the internet! Or I can blog from my phone, but lots of people say those posts are boring because they are usually short. Well, my thumbs are apparently too big to type easily, ok? Are you happy? You've given me a complex about my big old man-thumbs. Now I'll have something to discuss in therapy since I've worked through lots of my other issues.

Regardless, it was a busy weekend and it was a good weekend. I'm busy packing up stuff and getting ready for my big rummage sale this weekend, so I did a lot of that yesterday. The weekend started out with the Laurel Junior Auxiliary 2011 Gala! This is our annual fundraiser and thank you party to our donors and we work really hard getting it ready. I spent a good portion of Wednesday night and nearly all day Thursday and Friday helping prepare and there were lots of other LJA members who put in as many or more hours (also there were lots of LJA members who didn't even come close to that many hours, but I'm not complaining-- I choose to put in that many hours even though I didn't have to-- I especially didn't have to since I'm really no longer going to be an active member. Anyway.)

The theme this year was Mardi Gras and we had a great time! Here are some pictures I took of the preparation, the decorations and the actual event!

Entrance-way


The flowers were so pretty-- this is a close-up of a very large arrangement on the food table


I helped decorate this table-- we chose to honor the LJA Class of 1991, which just happened to be the year my dear mommmy was President! So, this table was filled with scrapbooks and photos of that year. It was a lot of fun to organize, and frankly, turned out a lot nicer than I'd anticipated-- I'm not great at doing tables like these.


Speaking of decorating tables, each Project Chairman was supposed to decorate a table about their particular project. I'm chairman of Project Destination, and this is NOT my table. This is a much cuter one right next time mine. Mine wasn't this cute.


Mardi Gras masks each LJA member got, and each 1991 LJA member got as a gift. They were also for sale, but unfortunately, we have a ton left over.


Some additional project tables.


Table decor


The stage for the band-- Grayson Capps


More table decor


View from the balcony area while we were still decorating


Myself and Allison Travis


Lisa Gatlin, me and Erica McMahaon


The former President, myself and the Mayor-- I'm surrounded by VIPs


Avid reader Lesley and myself-- doesn't she look so pretty!!


Yet another picture of me and Allison! I thought all my friends looked so good-- its so fun to get all dressed up like prom again!


The table lady who passed out our cake balls to guests-- this was so fun! She was literally wearing a table!!!


The ladies of LJA Class of 1991


Paige McCardle and I during clean-up-- the Gala didn't end till midnight, but about 10:45 or so, lots of people started leaving and all of us members were stuck sitting around while a few people continued dancing! You could tell we were so tired and ready to go but we couldn't leave till we cleaned! Secret alert-- I actually snuck out around 11 and drove the 2 miles home and changed clothes and watched tv till closer to midnight! I nearly fell asleep on the couch but I made myself get back up.


Jill Myers and I during clean-up-- she was my "date" since her husband couldn't come! Love Jill!


Erica, Allison and myself-- we were tired! We went to Waffle House not long after that!!

No comments: