Pages

Tuesday, June 14, 2011

# 146 I bleed Red and Blue...

I love decorating for holidays-- any holiday, any decoration. I have more Christmas decorations than a trailer park in May, my Fall decorations put the pilgrims to shame, and I love to stock up on pastel Easter happies. However, I don't do enough of decorating for the summer holidays-- Memorial Day, July 4th, Labor Day. My dad, a Newton Lions Club Member, called today to let me know he put out the flags around town for Flag Day. It seems like the Lions Club puts those flags out about every third Tuesday or so, and Dad usually gets the largest route (he had 18 flags when the other routes had only 13... conspiracy?). Many a time have I watched and/or helped take the flags down and store them in the building behind the funeral home (a bit creepy? Yeah!).

He'd be ashamed of the fact that I don't do much summer decorating with the red, white and blue. I mean, let's face it, those colors are absolutely the BEST colors in the world. The best. Its one of my favorite things about being an Ole Miss Rebel-- our colors are just prettier than yours. They just are. If you deny it, you are literally a communist.

Since I'm all about the budget these days (see: previous posts), I'm not going to go all crazy and buy a bunch of decorations. At least not until they are 75% off on July 5th. But I will try one of these-- which do you like the best?


3 comments:

DebCarr said...

Love, love the little flag wreath! That is waaaayyy too cute. I may have to make one of those for my door!!
MOM

Betsy said...

Get the first one..you don't want to have your moms taste! Plus its cuter. Sorry Deb

DebCarr said...

I read that, Betsy.....