Pages

Tuesday, June 7, 2011

# 141 Queer Eye for the Sweet Dog...

Its Makeover Time! Not for me-- I'm super fabulous and don't need a makeover at all! But Parker could use a makeover-- a summer-time makeover. She's gotten a bit scraggly looking:



So today I took her to the Delta Dog House here in Cleveland for a spa day. She got a mani/pedi and a haircut and a bath. And the first thing she did when I picked her up and went outside? Rolled around in the dirt. Ugh. We've discussed this-- ladies don't roll around in the dirt!

The Delta Dog House is fantastic-- we love Mrs. Barbara and Ms. Leigh and they love Parker (at least they are nice enough to lie and say they do, even if they don't!). She gets to play with other dogs and I think she has a good time. The first time I ever left her at a groomers or the vet, I cried and cried. It was awful. I was so worried about her. I'm pretty sure she is entirely fine when I leave her, but she does sometimes get a little scared acting and tries to get away. My family suggests she does that to "manipulate" me and that she isn't really scared. I don't know. But I do know she's always glad to see me when I pick her up which is nice. Even when she looks like this:


Let's be honest. I love her. I adore her. I think she's the cutest puppy dog in the world. But she's a LOT cuter with longer hair. It makes me laugh when I look at her. But its summer time and its too hot for long hair!!! Also, j'adore her bandanna! Fun and summery!

1 comment:

Betsy said...

Tis is like the 5th time you have done this to her. WHY do you keep doing it?????????? It looks terrible. PLEASE STOP. You can cut her hair short for the summer without making her look like a rat.