Pages

Thursday, June 2, 2011

# 139 Chilling at the Cabot Inn...

Its been a busy week, readers! Yesterday, after work, I headed South to Jackson and met my dad at Five Guys Burgers. Here's a confession-- I don't care for Five Guys. Obviously I'm in the minority since it seems like everyone, including my family, is obsessed with this place, but I've been there twice, and both times I've left unsatisfied. So, there you have it. I don't like it. I've gotten some awful looks when I've mentioned this-- its like I just said I'm a Communist with three extra arms who likes to kick puppy dogs. But I don't.

Parker's gone to spend a few days with her granddaddy and she was super excited. We saw Dad and she about jumped out of my arms to get to him, and then when he walked away to go get his vehicle, she literally made a little crying, whining noise that I've never heard before. It was so sweet!

I'm in Jackson for a CLE conference through my job, and we are staying at the Cabot Inn at Millsaps. I've never noticed this hotel before, but its apparently a happening place because there are tons of people here. I've hit up the Whataburger (for the first time)(also? much better than Five Guys) and now I'm chilling in the room, updating you guys on my exciting life.

Today was actually really fun. As attorneys, we all have to take 12 hours of CLE each year. As a private attorney, I had to pay for these and they aren't cheap. I typically went to a Guardian Ad Litem CLE and a CLE for Women Attorneys (which was actually a lot of fun-- I'd like to continue going to this one!). But as an attorney for the state, one of the perks is a free CLE. This isn't the only one, but this one is especially for DHS Child Support attorneys. So, its something everyone looks forward to, and its pretty fun. I mean, most CLE's are boring, but this one is at least free and it does pertain to my work, so that's nice. Plus, I have lots of friends here! I'm glad to get to meet some of the other attorneys and supervisors that I've received emails from or heard stories about, so its nice to put a face with the name.

Even better than that is seeing some good friends! My law school roommmate (and, I believe, semi-regular reader of this blog), Shannon, works as the DHS Child Support Attorney in Hinds County-- doing the same job as me. So I got to see her and our friend from law school, Gabe, who works in Rankin and Scott County! We went to lunch and it was so very good to catch up with them! Shannon was a fantastic roommate, and I love seeing her-- she's just laidback and chill and fun! And Gabe is probably the most random, funny person I've ever met. We had a good lunch, and a friend of mine from Newton, Kristen Mills Levin, who also works for DHS, came with us. So I got to catch up with lots of people today! Made me happy.

Tomorrow is more CLE and I'm skipping out early to go see the Monkees! I'm so excited! But what, readers, what is that you ask? Will I have time to blog if I'm busy being a Monkees' groupie? Relax readers, yours truly will be bringing her laptop and taking lots of pictures with every intention of updating this blog over the weekend! So don't worry your pretty little heads. I will be taking time out of my busy schedule of blowing kisses at Davey and Peter, shopping at Ikea, eating good food at the restaurant of Top Chef's Richard Blais, and catching up with my friend and very important reader (VIP) Jeremy! You can all relax and know I'm here for you guys this weekend despite my busy schedule! Just think, tomorrow night, at this time, I'll be jamming out to these guys:

3 comments:

kjgatlin said...

Same guys, but many years older!
Have fun, and keep your nose clean!

Nicholas said...

Few things here:

1) A very important reader would be a VIR, but I guess it is all semantics at this point

2) I'm not sure why having 3 extra arms would put you in a bad light. I am sure you could make a killing being a carnie.

3) I see no problem with your dog kicking addiction if they all looked like Parker does now. Too soon?

4) I regret to inform you that I am no longer a reader of your blog, as too many of your beliefs go against fundamental ideals that I have. For you to come on here and degrade such an establishment as Five Guys is considered treason in my book, and I cannot put up with it. It has been fun, but I feel as though me and Five Guys will be happy together. No homo.

DebCarr said...

omg, Nicholas, you are as funny as Jessica. LOL What is a carnie? Jess, I like Five Guys, and I like you too!!
MOM