Pages

Monday, June 27, 2011

# 156 So go downtown, things will be great when you're downtown...

My Corinth adventure continues with a trip to Corinth downtown on Saturday. Courtney lives right downtown, and we headed down and saw the really pretty courthouse and lots of other cute stores.

You are probably wondering why I've just not posted the dead-gum 80s pictures already. Well. This blog isn't just here for you happiness. Its here for mine. Its important to me, that while you are reading this blog, you are becoming better people, and I'm positive that when you read about exciting events such as re-organizing my work files, baking a cake, taking pictures of Parker in her outfits, waxing poetic on WonderWoman, etc., I think it makes you all much more well-rounded readers. So I'm trying to teach you patience here.

Once again, someone on this blog seems nice and kind and sweet, but, lessons learned-- appearances deceive. A few people that I spent the weekend with, and I won't name names (but you can see their picture below) suggested that they needed more blog time. Their requests for more blog time were almost terroristic. I originally thought I wouldn't give into their demands-- you know, if you change your life, the terrorists win.

But, digging deeper, I realized something. They were right. They deserve a lot of blog time, and I plan on giving it to them. Mostly because they were really persistent and annoying about this and I want them to stop. But also because I really love these ladies and I owe them a whole heck of a lot more than a few blog posts. Their fruit baskets are being delivered on Thursday.


Katherine, Mindy and Courtney-- three of the best people I've ever met. Seriously. They are great. You should get their autograph if you ever meet them. Try to get their autograph on the picture of the 80s party I will be posting soon.

However, I do want to point out that while these three were quite vocal about my blog posting, they were not quite as willing to live with the reality of being a super-blogger like I am. Bloggings not easy, people. It takes work. Taking pictures, coming up with good ideas, retaking pictures, coming up with witty things to say, researching blog posts, etc. These things take time and effort. And the Three Musketeers above learned that it ain't easy. I'd like to think they were impressed with my work ethic and my ability to be constantly thinking of clever blog ideas. But, in reality, they were embarrassed and annoyed at my constant picture taking and blog talking. Comes with the territory. Sorry if I embarrassed you girls when we were walking around town in Corinth-- but its such a cute little town, I couldn't help it!




They were good enough sports to attempt a Beatles-type walk-about. Of course, this was early in the day.


Also? They weren't very good at it. But I still love them!

No comments: