Pages

Friday, June 24, 2011

# 154 I was a'splishin and a'splashin and a'rollin and a'strollin...

My weekend o'fun continued with a trip to the Splash Park for Conner's birthday party last Saturday. The party was at the same place last year, but this year we had a picnic area close to the play area so it was even better. The splash park is a lot of fun and it was impossible to not get a bit wet! Here are some pictures of the fun:

Getting ready for the party-- it was a Cars theme and there were presents galore


Avid blog reader Mrs. Peggy (mom to Karen, grandmother to Conner and Hannah, friend to all, you get the picture) and pretty girl Hannah in her cute little swimsuit. While I don't think Hannah actually got wet, she looked the part of a Splash Park participant in her cute little suit, and that's all that matters, right? It was good to see all of Karen's family-- its hard to believe that I've been hanging around Karen for 14 years or so now (and she hasn't figured out how to shake me yet-- I'm stubborn like that!), so I love seeing her family (almost as much as I love seeing my family. Now that I think about it, maybe more... just kidding Mom!). Plus, Mrs. Peggy and Karen's sister Kathy are blog readers (Shout-out! Thanks for reading!) and they are super nice and encouraging and polite about my blog (instead of grabbing the children in their family and running away screaming from me as a lot of other friends' family members do...). Its always nice to hear people who like reading my blog and it makes me like this super great family even more, but honestly, I'd like them even if they didn't read it!


Before the fun begins- sunscreen. Sun safety is no joke, people.


Look at all the possible ways to tire a kid out:


In keeping with the cool cake tradition, here's this years:


I went with Karen to get the cake that morning before the party and got a huge laugh when Karen asked me if I would carry the cake from the store to the car. As if. It was much safer for me to carry the balloons. If the balloons lifted me off, it would be better than me to be the one to ruin a kid's party by dropping the cake. Yeah, no.

Three of the cutest kids in the world-- Ela Frazier, Conner Loden and Patrick Bowen. I've seen these kids grow up from teeny tiny babies and I'm way past feeling old about this...


Karin had to step in and help with the candles


Cute family alert-- Nathan, Taylor and Coen-- check out her blog over here.


Playing around



The best time-- PRESENTS! There were tons of presents, but for blogging purposes only, this one is the only one which matters- MINE!



I love shopping for these kids and each present I give them, I really do hope they enjoy (as opposed to presents I give my family at Christmas and stuff when I don't really care if they like it or not. How's that pet rock, Dad?). For Conner I got him this little placemat/writing tablet to practice his words and rubber ducky bath foam soap. I bought both of these for myself, as well.


Now, more playing:



Karin and Patrick


Getting ready for the big bucket splash thing-- it took forever and by the time it finally came down, I'd put my picture down. But it came down hard and was really fun to watch the kids getting ready for it. The anticipation was great-- and the water was pretty substantial- at least one child was found floating in the parking lot after it came down.



All in all, it was a pretty fun day! We went back to the Loden's house and ate lunch and did some swimming, then I headed home to Newton to see Dave.

Happy 4th Birthday, Conner!!!

1 comment:

The Reed Family said...

Yep, here's proof that I'm a reader! My favorite post-to-date! Was great seeing you again at Conner's party. Glad you and Karen remain close friends. You are so sweet and your blog is so much fun to read...we are waiting for you to write a book! :)
Kathy