Pages

Wednesday, June 22, 2011

# 152 Fro-yo and friends...

Friday night, after my brain woke up, I headed out for a night on the town with the Loden's. After the previous night's Cracker Barrel excursion, I was too worn out for too much fun, but we had just the right amount of fun!

We went to Newks (my fav!) and then after dinner, went to the yogurt shop next door, where I got the great combination of birthday cake yogurt, marshmallows and chocolate chips. Divine. I'm only sad I didn't see the sprinkles till after I'd paid.


Some of my favorite memories of my childhood are heading to the yogurt shop (shoppe?) after Sunday night church in Laurel. It was where all the cool Baptists hung out. The Carr family were regulars. Even Nick who was apparently a bit "lactose intolerant" as a child and always made a big mess. We started leaving him at home alone while we went. The yogurt shop of the late 80's/early 90's wasn't nearly as nice as the ones these days. Oh these kids don't know how lucky they have it. When I was young, we had to walk uphill in the snow to get to the yogurt shop and there weren't any spoons so we had to make do with our hands. The good old days.

This fancy smancy yogurt shop allowed you to get any combination of all these different flavors and add all types of toppings. You pay by the weight. Despite all the sugar, my price was a reasonable $3 bucks and change.


Jeremy and Hannah


Conner the birthday boy-- I'm pretty sure he got the birthday cake yogurt as well, but his toppings included gummi bears AND sour worms. He's a risk-taker.


Two pretty girls-- Karen and sweet Hannah


It was a really good night and I'm glad the Loden family let me hang out with them just like I'm a member of the family. I don't have kids of my own, but I'm super blessed to be able to be a part of lots of other families and get to enjoy the kids of my dear friends. I'm the cool aunt, you know! no really, quit laughing. I AM the cool aunt. I am cool. Don't roll your eyes. Seriously.

No comments: