Pages

Thursday, June 23, 2011

# 153 Hippos and Marbles and Birthdays, Oh My!

Boy are you readers lucky today-- more fun pictures of my weekend! It was a really good weekend and I am glad to get to show some pictures of one of my favorite kiddos-- Conner.

Conner is 4. Well, now he is 4, but in those pictures, he was actually 3 and 364.5/365. He looks a lot more grown up now, what with the facial hair and all. Just kidding! He's still as sweet and cute as he was in the pictures, but now he's been a four year old for several days.

His uncle and aunt sent him an oldie but a goodie as a gift-- Hungry Hungry Hippos. I put it together for him and we got busy playing before bedtime. I remember playing this as a child and it was lots of fun getting to play again! I LOVED Candyland and Hi-Ho Cherry-O as a kid. I was never a Snakes and Ladders fan (though I love the Joss Stone song)-- never really figured out how to play- it seemed quite complicated and I wasn't very bright. I also had the Baby Sitter's Club game-- Santa brought it to me one year. Well, Santa "forgot" to bring it inside and left it in my dad's car, "Old Blue", where it was practically frozen. Yeah, that explanation didn't make much sense then either. It seems Santa got a bit sloppy that year.

Cute kid, right?


We played several games-- I won once, and Conner won a couple, but then Karen's game improved greatly and she went on a long streak.



The game was lots of fun, but as in all games, the excitement wore off pretty quickly. Lucky for us, we showed Conner how to use each hand on a separate hippo, so you didn't need anyone else! He caught on quickly and played for a while longer, and when I woke up the next morning, he was back to playing! I'm guessing he won. I'd say the present was a success!

No comments: