Pages

Friday, January 7, 2011

# 8 EVAN ALEERT... the court date's been set...

[Bloggers Note: Apparently I've already broken my promise to you guys and didn't post yesterday. I'm truly sorry; however, its totally not my fault. I finished writing this yesterday morning and THOUGHT I'd worked it to where the blog would post this automatically last night. Obviously, I thought wrong. It was brought to my attention by alert reader Nick who said "it literally took you less than 24 hours not to blog!" I was so devastated that I got up in the middle of the night to re-post this. Not really, I just couldn't go back to sleep. Irregardless. So, hopefully you guys will forgive me when you see that this post is an EVAN ALERT!!)

All Evan Alerts are blog favorites, and for good reason. I've not seen a whole lot of Evan in the past few weeks and months (in fact, I've only seen him once or twice since my Disney trip!)-- those of you in my inner circle will know that the last few weeks and months have been some tough ones for me, and I've battled my own version of depression. Now, add two and two together and you get the picture-- the less Evan in my life, the less happiness!

Lucky for us all, Evan's been around a lot lately-- driving past me wearing a black ski cap pulled over his eyes (twice), speeding down our dead end street and jerking into the driveway so he can turn his vehicle around and park (now I see how he managed to hit his neighbors vehicles not once, but twice.) and on New Years Day, returning to the house after a visit with his mom. Parker and I happened to be outside for this last event, on Saturday afternoon.

Evan: Hey Jess! Hey Parker!

ME: Hey Evan! Happy New Year!

Evan: Happy New Year! Just getting home from visiting my mom-- she sent me home with lots of food (holds up the 6 or so clear containers he's carrying)-- cabbage, black-eyed-peas, cornbread, corn, regular peas and turnips! All the New Years Food!!

ME: Oh, looks yummy. Did you have a good New Years Eve?

Evan: Yes, I did. I stayed in with my girlfriend and we just hung out.

ME: (Heart sinking. Tears welling up in my eyes. Devastation in my voice. Girlfriend?) Oh, that's nice.

Evan: Yes, it was ok. But we got good news, so that was nice.

ME: Oh, what kind of news?

Evan: Well, we got a courtdate, finally, so that is good.

ME: A courtdate? For what?

Evan: For the fight. Haven't I told you about this already?

ME: No. What fight?

Evan: My girlfriend's ex boyfriend beat the heck out of me the other day. It was in front of Homewood (points in the direction of a very nice neighborhood about a block away). He totally slammed me on the forehead (lifts up his hair and points to a rather large red cut from his eyebrow to his hairline. Its super red and his eyebrow has been shaved off.)

ME: Oh my gosh, Evan, that's awful, when did this happen? Whats the courtdate for?

Evan: It happened November 23. We had him arrested, obviously, but I wasn't arrested or anything, so don't worry. He's crazy.

ME: Yeah, apparently.

Evan: Want to come upstairs and see the pictures we took of it when it happened?

ME: Oh, gosh, Evan, yeah, sure, but, um, no, I cannot come right now. (thinking it might be better to have a witness go with me if I ever entered his apartment). I'm getting ready to go somewhere and we need to get back to the house.

Evan: Ok, some other time. (notices my Junior Auxiliary t-shirt). Are you in JA?

ME: Um, yes.

Evan: Oh, do you know *name redacted for purposes of this blog*?

ME: Well, I know the name, but I don't know her personally or anything.

Evan: Well, it was her ex-husband who hit me. He's nuts. He used to date my girlfriend. Well, she's my girlfriend now and has been for a while, but we aren't really telling anyone. You know how it is.

ME: Yeah, ok.

Evan: Well, okay, better go inside and get to eating! Have fun!

ME: Bye.

I immediately went straight home and got on the phone to find out some information about this woman from JA and her husband. I cannot help but be curious that there is someone that was in LJA who has an ex-husband who dated a girl who now dates the strangest guy I've ever met. Its intriguing.

No comments: