Pages

Thursday, January 13, 2011

# 13 Who do you call when 911 won't answer?

I'm working today in Decatur and we've had a bit of excitement here already. First off, we went wild and crazy at lunch and Carol went to the Chinese Buffet in Newton and got us all food (I had the egg drop soup-- my throats a little scratchy). Carol is so fabulous about making soup or something in the crockpot for us to eat at lunch, and often, she gets us a plate lunch at the IGA three doors down or Ednas across the intersection. But today the Chinese food was a nice departure.

We've also some trouble getting in touch with the 911 office. Now, dear readers, relax-- we didn't have an emergency; rather we were calling the actual phone number (635-4031) to the 911 office so we could ask Kim a question. Don't you love small towns? I know everyone, and Kim is the office worker across the street in the courthouse at the 911 office. She's also super good about finding us addresses when we need them. Also? She fixes our computers-- she's a total renaissance woman. Anyway, Carol tried and tried to call the office, and the phone kept just giving her a dialtone. Then she asked me to try, just in case it was her that was the problem. I tried-- same thing. So, we called over to Chrissy in the Clerk's office across the street, and asked her to call. We thought it might be different-- both the Clerk's office and the 911 office are in the same building. No change. So, Carol decides to call Betty at the telephone company to see if there is something wrong with the telephone line there. The telephone company is right next door (looking out my little window!). Lo and behold, we've forgotten. Telephone company, like most places in Decatur, closes at noon on Thursdays. Guess we will just have to wait till tomorrow to get the 911 phone fixed. Hope there are no emergencies.

Anyway, its been a good, fairly cleansing day-- I've gotten a lot of tasks out of the way that I've been dreading for a while. I've still got a bunch more to do, but already I feel somewhat better. Carol just went and bought us a drink at Wards, so that's helped my day as well!!

Ok, readers. You've fussed and whined about me not blogging enough and even now that I've made my decision to blog daily, I still get harassing text messages from people (ahem *Nick*) about my blogs. Its HARD to come up with something clever and witty every day. So, dear readers, help me out. Give me some ideas. Give me some comments. I LOVE reading your comments. I check the comment page at least a couple times a day and there are never any new comments. You guys are failing me. Give me new ideas on what you want to see on this blog. If I'm going to do this every day, I've got to have some ideas!!!

No comments: