Pages

Friday, January 14, 2011

# 14 BBQ, Christmas trees and Waffle House...

I took today off. Well, I actually had to do a bunch of work and take a few phone calls this afternoon, but most of the day was spent cleaning up the house and getting ready for the Miss America Pageant Party at my house tomorrow night. Its sneaked up on me this year and I've not put a whole lot of time/effort into planning the party this year. I'm sorry! But its going to be a fun night and consider this blog your official invitation and come on!

My super sweet Aunt Ju was a fabulous help today-- we started off at Waffle House where we discussed life issues and career changes and all sorts of stuff and even got some advice from Verdie and Dale, two of Waffle House's finest. Aunt Ju was kind enough to come over to my house and help me clean up pretty much all day! We finally put up the Christmas tree and the rest of the Christmas decorations in the attic, and I've been cleaning and dusting and throwing away all day while Aunt Ju scrubbed the kitchen and cleaned out the fridge! She's the best!

Tonight we went with mom and Em to Dickey's BBQ for dinner. We attempted to go to the Smokehouse, which is actually better, but they were out of a bunch of stuff so we left and went to Dickeys. Tomorrow I'll be finishing up all the cleaning and doing some cooking. Don't expect any pictures, though, because despite cleaning up the entire house, I've still not found my camera battery charger. I'm beginning to get worried.

No comments: