Pages

Friday, July 1, 2011

# 160 Halfway down the line...

Its exactly halfway through the year- 182.5 days down, 182.5 to go. As you can see, I'm not doing so great on my "post everyday" pledge. But since I only made that pledge to myself and not in writing anyway, its not like its really legally binding. But I'm trying- really I am- but it seems that when I post short blogs without pics and witty comments, I get lots of negative feedback. Mostly from my family. They are really hard on me- always saying how disappointed they were that I didn't go to pharmacy school. Also? They like to push little old ladies down and kick kittens.

Anyway, the point is that this year is halfway over. And I'm glad. Its been a tough year. Technically my 25th year (read- 31st) year was the toughest year thus far. Except for kindergarten- I never caught on to the whole "shapes and finger-painting thing". Just kidding!

But right around my 25th birthday ( read 32nd) back in March, lots of things changed- I moved, I changed jobs, I rid my life of lots of toxic influences, stopped watching Real Housewives of Anything, blah blah blah, etc. But seriously, lots of changes. Lots of good changes. I'm adoring my job, my new home, my new town, my nre life. Today I really miss my homes in both Laurel and Newton- a lot, for some reason. So on a day when this year is halfway over, its kinda nice to reflect on the changes and Gods influence in my life and where he's brought me from. A couple days ago, I referred to it as a "rebuilding" year- kinda like Ole Miss lately. But its a very apropo phrase- I'm rebuilding a lot of what I let get broken over the past couple years! This is probably all boring to most of you, but its my blog and I'm sticking to it. Thanks to all of you who read and comment and compliment me and my blog. This has been one of the best things this year- blogging. Its helped me "find myself". Apparently I as lost somewhere around Oprah Winfrey Drive and Obnoxious-cliche Highway. But I found myself. And then both of myselves went to grab lunch, cause, you know, all this blogging makes lost girls hungry!

Hope you all have a happy half year day and that the rest of the year is even better that the first half! I have a good feeling that it will be!
Sent from my BlackBerry® smartphone

No comments: