Pages

Sunday, July 31, 2011

# 177 Finally the Fourth of July...

I'm finally getting around to getting my pictures downloaded from the past few weeks.  From at least one of my cameras.  Unfortunately for those who've been with me here recently, my good camera is no longer working.  Its a blank, white screen.  I'm re-charging the battery and attempting some troubleshooting, but I'm fearing for the worst here. 

July Fourth weekend I headed east to Pickwick Lake and hung out with my friends, Katherine and David Collier, Courtney Chailland, and Mindy Aust, and we stayed with our friend, Rebecca Henley at her family's lakehouse.  Its super, super nice and I've been once before, and loved it.  That year, I got a bit "boat" sick, although, to be specific, it was "large inner-tube sick because my friends drove the boat like maniacs and laughed as I was bounced around like a penny sickness", not really boat-sick.  Despite all that, I took extra precautions this year by getting some Bonine sickness medicine.  Or whatever its called-- I don't remember the name, but its basically damamine without the drowsiness.  It totally worked.  No problems with the boat sickness. 

However, I did have some other problems.  As avid readers of this blog, surely you remember the pain in my back a few weeks ago.  No, not Nicholas.  He's a pain in the neck, not the back.  I'd gone to the doctor the day before my trip to the lake and the doctor had given me lots of medicine and a steroid shot.  The steroid shot did a great job and I felt fine on Friday.  But by Saturday, between the heat and the boat sickness medicine and the back pain medicine, I wasn't feeling anything.  Good or bad.  I basically spent the entire couple days alternating between being passed out, or almost passed out, and not really remembering the rest. 

So, here are some pictures I did take while we were on the boat.  This is prior to me passing out, in the middle of the day, on the boat.  While my friends were kind enough to take care of me all weekend and not laugh at me too much, and they put sunscreen on me to protect me, they were also mean enough to take some pictures of me  as well.  Those pictures will NOT be published on this blog.  They are cruel and hateful and, most importantly, terribly unflattering. 

But here are some, more flattering, pictures of that weekend!  Love these five people!!!



From left to right: David, Rebecca, Courtney, and Katie


Isn't it so pretty?  I'm so lucky to get to go there and enjoy this beautiful earth!


 This is where we saw... the snake.  A nearby boat warned us, and we hightailed it back into the boat, and watched as it came close, closer, and then underneath the boat where it hid out for a while.  It was hilarious!  Fearless as he is, David chased the thing down the shore and we eventually went back out into the water.  But not for long!!


Isn't my friend Courtney so pretty?  Love that girl.  Also?  We are totally bringing back stripes.  You heard it here first, people, stripes are super in style.  Especially stripes on stripes, in my case.  


Rebecca, Mindy and Katie.  My dear, dear friends.  These girls and the one above are some of the greatest people I know.  I'm super blessed to have them in my life and I hope they know how lucky I am because of them.  I will steal a line from Katie-- I believe one of my greatest achievements in this life has been my friends.  They make me laugh, they make me cry, they support me, and love me, despite my flaws and stupid decisions and love of science fiction.  I've been incredibly blessed to have some fantastic friends, and these aren't the only ones.  These are just the only ones who went to Pickwick Lake with me that weekend!  But I love them dearly and I wish words would be enough to express how much I love them and need them in my life!!! 


This is one of my favorite couples (along with Zack and Kelly and Anne and Gilbert)-- Katie and David Collier.  In some minds, David would be a super lucky guy-- he gets to hang out with lots of fantastic girls all the time-- me, Courtney, Mindy and Rebecca, and he has a totally fantastic wife, Katie.  I know its hard to believe, though, but getting to hang out with us all the time isn't always rainbows and sunshine.  Shocking, I know.  We are, every once in a while, high maintenance.  And loud.  And probably a bit obnoxious and annoying.  But David is super kind and super nice-- he always wants everyone to have a good time and he's very aware of everything that's going on.   He's probably heard us fuss about our ex's more time than he'd ever want to remember, and he's patiently waited on us to get ready for longer than we'd like to remember, and he's gotten us food and drink and been a great friend to all of us, especially me.  He's a good guy-- my Katie did a good job, didn't she??! 


After all the fun in the sun, we were tired girls.

No comments: