Pages

Thursday, July 14, 2011

# 171 Road Trip... RO-AD... RO-ad... RO-ad...

Tomorrow is a big day for little Parker-- she's going on a trip this weekend! 

First, she is heading to Clarksdale where she is going to meet Dr. Grant and (hopefully) get an allergy shot!  She'll also be having a spa day and getting a bath.  She will look so very pretty. 

Once her day trip to Clarksdale is over, she is heading east to visit her Uncle Nick.  She'll be staying with him all weekend while me and her grandmother go to the Ole Miss Ladies Football Forum.  Check it out here.  My mom has gone several times but this year me and a couple of my friends, Karen and Karin, will going as well.  We are all really nervous and excited since we've heard a lot about the hazing they do to rookies.  We are optimistic that my mom, as an upperclassman, will protect us.  I will be taking pictures and hopefully it will be a great weekend! 
Parker's super excited about her weekend getaway but she got a little down on herself earlier.  As we were packing up, she realized that she doesn't have a very cute bag to keep all her stuff in.  A lot of her new friends at the Delta Dog House bring their stuff in personalized bags and she feels a little bit embarrassed when we show up with a canvas Oxford tote.  I tried to make her feel better by explaining that its not fun to be like everyone else, that its better to be unique and individual and her Oxford tote shows how much she travels and Oxford's a cool place.  But you know how kids are these days--- they want to fit in.  Hopefully one day soon we can get her a cute bag.  Like one of these:


 LOVE LOVE LOVE the one above.
 Maybe something more classic?



Also-- Big Shout Out to Avid Reader Lanelle for the tip on a better way to give Parker her allergy medicine.  Now, I won't look like such a druggie to the uninformed viewer, and I won't feel like quite such a bad mother for drugging my kid.  Thanks Lanelle!!

1 comment:

kjgatlin said...

I vote for the 4th bag down--the one between M and Mollie.
Keep Parker unspoiled--once you begin, you have to keep it up!