Pages

Thursday, July 7, 2011

# 166 Sharing my inspiration...

After seeing my awesome art masterpiece in the previous blog, I'm getting the feeling that many of you are wondering where I get my talent from, where I get my inspiration, how can I be so talented? Its a curse, really.

But I will share with you my most recent amazing internet obsession-- where I get lots of inspiration.


Pinterest is a new site, like an on-line pinboard-- for you to "pin" your favorites on-line. You open an account, and it becomes a virtual bulletin board. You drag this little "pin it" icon to your internet browser dashboard thingy, and then, next time you are surfing the web, and you see a recipe you want to try or a pair of shoes you want to buy when you get paid, you click "pin it" and you can pin the link and the picture to your board. Then, you go back to Pinterest and its all there, in one place, so you won't forget where you read about that cool DIY project you wanted to try. You can label your different "boards" to be more organized, and you can "follow" other people's boards and see what inspires them or what they like. You can even "re-pin" something someone else pinned. Whenever you log onto the home page, it shows all the things other people have just pinned. Its really cool to get to look at different projects or recipes or whatever that other people have found on-line-- things you might never have seen on-line.

For example, my boards are "What's for Dinner" (recipes), "Get Crafty" (projects I want to do), "My Style" (cute outfits to think about), "Words to Live By" (great quotes), "Books Make My Heart Happy", "Hotty Toddy Tailgating" (for cute things to bring to the Grove), "Things not to get lost in my bookmarks" (websites or good ideas that I want to remember), "On the Road Again" (travel stuff-- places to go, things to do, etc.) and a few more.

Today, while being at home, under the influence, I got on-line and checked out some of my favorite websites and blogs that I don't get to check out very often. I found this really cool recipe for a "sushi roll in a bowl"-- and I pinned it to my "What's For Dinner" board, so that whenever I have the time and the money to make this, I can just log on and get the recipe. I don't have to try to remember which site that was on, and scroll through weeks of posting to find one thing. Its all at my fingertips.

I love cutting things out of magazines-- clothes to buy, looks to try, recipes to make, decorations to get, etc. I have entire notebooks and boxes full of things I've printed off the internet or town out of a magazine. I love putting up pictures of things I love and people I love in my house-- I have about a million pictures just stuck everywhere in my house. And I love this because its the same thing-- an inspiration board on-line. I'm following a few people-- a couple people I know personally and a couple bloggers whose blogs I adore. Its so interesting to see what people find inspiring. One girl has a board all about "colors" and she has all sorts of beautiful pictures of random things that have one thing in common-- they are colorful and gorgeous. One girl I follow has lots of ideas for babies-- gifts, birthday ideas, baby food recipes, how to make baby clothes, ideas of baby pictures, etc. She has a small child and now she has all these cute ideas that she can refer back to when it comes time for the kid's birthday party or one-year pictures.

So, everyone should quit reading my blog, and head over to Pinterest, and start your account. Be sure to follow me!!!

No comments: