Pages

Thursday, February 17, 2011

# 48 Moving on to the other side...

Today has been a super long day and I'm at my cousin Em's house doing my daily blog for you wonderful readers and I'm super tired, having driven about 7 hours today, so I hope you are all feeling super special right now!

Emilee and I had a great day exploring Cleveland (pictures and thoughts and announcements to come!). Em and I have totally bonded these past few months and our trip today was lots of fun. We had entirely stupid conversations about large v. small teepees, and very serious, though provoking conversations about making changes and what type of things motivate us, etc. Emilee has an uncanny ability to know literally every single song that comes on the radio and be able to sing the words as soon as she hears it-- we spent most of the trip with the radio on "scan" and Em never missed a beat singing to whichever song happened to be playing for the 3 or so seconds.

As we came through Jackson on Highway 49, Em looks at me, quite seriously, and says, very quietly, "Jess, when we make it to the other side"... and pauses. I immediately start thinking about what is coming next-- "when we make it to the other side of this life? The other side of our tough times we've had recently? The other side of death? Heaven? Difficult choices?" I'm thinking of all the deep thoughts she might be about to expound on, and perhaps she's going to mention our grandparents, who we've just been talking about, or perhaps she's going to mention how much happier we will be once some of this toxicness out of our lives, or once we learn how to make ourselves happy, or some other Oprah-type self-love.

And then she says ... "of Jackson.... can we go to Krystal?"

Yes Em, when we get to the other side... we will go to Krystal.

BLOGGER'S NOTE: Last week I had a very interesting post about Wonder Woman and possible casting options for a new Wonder Woman. And today, this was announced. Coincidence? Or does David E. Kelly read my blog? I think we all know the truth.

No comments: