Pages

Monday, February 7, 2011

# 36, # 37, # 38... well, shucks...

So I've messed up again and didn't post for a couple days. I'm actually quite surprised at how many people actually care!

I'm sorry. I've not had internet at home this weekend and it seems like my blogging via the phone isn't all that great-- its not easy to type, so I usually do short blogs. Last night I considered doing a short blog but then realized that's no fun and not that interesting, so I figured I'd make it up to my dear readers with an especially long blog today instead.

This weekend was a fun one-- we hosted a wedding shower for my friend Mallory, who recently eloped with her new husband, Brandon. The shower was at my Aunt Ju's house, and we all had a great time and Mal got lots of good gifts!!

Mal opening her gifts:



The actual gifts:


Em taking a picture of me taking a picture of her:


Of course, this weekend wasn't nearly as fun as last weekend! Last weekend, mom, Em and Aunt Ju and I went to Franklin, TN (outside Nashville) to visit Betsy! We had the best time!

Em and I eating lunch:


The cute little lunch place, Huggins, in Franklin:


My super yummy poppyseed chicken casserole (apparently poppyseed chicken casseroles, cranberry salads and ginger teas are BIG in that area-- both lunch places we went to had some version on their menus, whereas I'm not sure I've ever been to a place ever with any of those things on the menu prior to this weekend!)


Franklin, TN is a super cute town with fantastic shopping downtown! Love these vintage-y banner:


We went out Saturday night for Aunt Ju's big 50 Birthday to a place called BB's-- it was super good!


Mom and Betsy at BB's:


Betsy and Peter at BB's


Betsy, Peter, Em and our friend Daniel and I out Saturday night-- we did lots of pool playing! Daniel and Peter are REALLY good at playing pool but they are also REALLY nice and played with us losers! Daniel and I played one great game where I hit the 8 ball in to win the game-- it was like my own version of the SuperBowl!


Sunday morning before we left, the girls hit Sperry's for brunch-- where Betsy works! Sperry's is super cool and has a neat English vibe-- the food was the best I had all weekend! Prince William has even eaten there!!



It was a fantastic weekend! Tomorrow, I'll be posting some pictures from Christmas, so don't worry about me not posting anymore! You asked for posts, and you are gonna get them!!!

2 comments:

Betsy said...

Ok that lunch place was called Dumplins. I don't know where you got Huggins from. Nobody calls Boxwood Bistro..BB. That sounds cheap. Get it right

Scarlett said...

Betsy, I am laughing out loud at your comment. That's so funny...and sooooo Jessica!