Pages

Tuesday, February 8, 2011

# 39 Wonder Woman...

Wow. This video is amazing! It makes me super happy and I've literally cried from laughing at it. Its my goal one day, to be as cool as this lady. I'm far from it now, but I'm working on it.




I especially like the music playing in the background. You know, I love Wonder Woman. I love Lynda Carter. I think she is super pretty and super classy. Once, in law school, I was shopping in Zoe, my favorite makeup store, and I PROMISE that Lynda Carter was there. She was wearing a big, long, cozy sweater and jeans with cowboy boots and she was super pretty and had a wonderful presence about her. I was with someone-- I believe it was either my friend Katherine or my sister Betsy, but whoever it was, didn't believe that was Lynda Carter. I'm pretty sure it was Betsy. Anyway, no one believed me and its one of the few celebrity sightings I've ever had, but I believe myself so I don't care if you believe me. Plus, I did some internet research and found out that she had a daughter who attended Ole Miss, so its fairly conceivable.




Every so often, I read on-line that someone is throwing around the idea of a Wonder Woman movie or tv show or something. I think its a great idea, IF the right actress is selected.

Some of the actresses who have been discussed:

Catherine Zeta Jones -- This might have once been a good idea, but not so much anymore. I loved Catherine for a long time, and thought she was (and is) really beautiful, but there is something kinda boring about her now. She's married to an old guy and hasn't had a great movie in a really long time. So, this is no longer a good choice.


Charisma Carpenter -- I LOVE Angel so much and I LOVE Cordelia on Angel. So, I think this was a great choice. However, since Angel, Charisma Carpenter hasn't really been on very much and I don't even know what she's doing anymore, so this isn't a great choice now, especially since she's probably too old for what they are looking for now.


Rachel Bilson-- she is SO boring. I was bored just looking for pictures of her.


Jessica Biel-- I dislike her a lot. She's way to TRY for me-- she's always trying to get movie parts that are clearly out of her league, talent-wise. She's a clinger with Justin Timberlake and all she seems to do is workout and walk her dogs. Boring. And she has terrible style. This was the only picture I could find of her that was half-way decent where she was fully clothes. There seem to be a lot of lingerie photos of her. Yes, because all Oscar-caliber actresses run around half-naked because of their "talent". Meryl Streep, Julianne Moore, Helen Mirren, Jessica Biel.


Lucy Lawless-- LOVE this idea, and I even love it despite the fact that she is clearly no longer the age that producers would want-- she's just so tough! I loved Zena and I LOVED Lucy on Battlestar Galactica. I'm a geek-- whatever, you are reading my blog, so what does that say about you!? I think this is a great idea!


Sandra Bullock-- similar to Catherine Zeta-Jones and Lucy Lawless, she is probably well out of the age range they are now considering. I LOVE Sandra and my love only grows for her as she gets older, but I'm not sure she would have been a great Wonder Woman. At first glance, maybe, but when you think about it, it wouldn't work-- Sandra is goofy, funny, likeable, down-to-earth. Wonder Woman isn't kooky and beating up super villans while tripping over her desk chair. Not a good fit.


Beyonce-- I'm probably awful for saying this, but um, no. I'm a purist. WW needs to have dark hair and, preferably, needs to be able to act.


Notwithstanding my above remark about being a purist and needing dark hair, I'm throwing a couple ideas into the ring (both of which are so beautiful, they'd be great with dark hair!)

Adrianne Palicki--- Tyra from Friday Night Lights-- she so great-- I love her and I love that show!


My best pick, however would be Katee Sackhoff-- Starbuck from Battlestar Galactica-- she also was on 24 last year and is going to be on one of the CSI's soon. I ADORE her. I want to be her. I think she's so pretty and so funny and so tough. She'd absolutely go beat the crap out of a bunch of robbers on the street, even when she's 70.


BLOGGER'S NOTE: The above choices and discussions are entirely the opinion of the owner/operator/writer of this blog, and have no way been endorsed by Blogger, the internet, David E. Kelly, Joss Whedon, or Wonder Woman herself. Despite the fact that this writer believes her opinions are of serious worth and merit to this discussion and pretty much all discussions, no one has asked her opinion of this or really any other topic. Nonetheless, she will continue to give her opinion on said blog and you can feel free to ignore her!

No comments: