Pages

Wednesday, February 9, 2011

# 40 Keeping my seat warm and toasty...

Several years ago, I bought my new car- way back in 2006. Buying a vehicle was super stressful- way too many choices! One of my biggest concerns was having plenty of drink holders and compartments to put things. This requirement led my friend Katherine to point out I was really just looking for a "large purse". Very true.
But even more importantly, I wanted seat warmers. If you know me, you know I am ALWAYS cold. Always. And seat warmers seem like the worlds greatest invention to me! So I found a good car with an adequate amount of compartments and drink holders but, more importantly, seat warmers. And I've enjoyed the heck out of those things- from approximately september till may.

So tonight, Em and I drove up to Starkville to see MSU and Arkansas play basketball. Now, before I left, I walked Parker outside wearing short sleeves. But somewhere on 45, the snow started coming and didn't stop. Its still snowing. And we turned on Ems seat warmer (mine was already on, natch).
As I hope you can see from the picture, you can flip this little button up or down and the light comes on to show its working. So tonight, Em asks me what the difference is between going up or down and I tell her there isn't any difference.
Then I look more closely at the button and see a small line across the bottom and a larger line across the top and it dawns on me- there IS a difference- its high/low! All these years of using these seat warmers and I never noticed!! Never! Naturally I turn it on high and I felt the difference immediately!! I am so excited now! Also I'm a bit embarassed I didn't realize this till today!!
Sent from my BlackBerry® smartphone

No comments: