Pages

Wednesday, August 11, 2010

They're dreamy...


So, this morning, in anticipation of my dad coming home from the hospital (he's fine!), I put clean sheets on his bed. However, I had trouble finding suitable pillowcases for his three pillows (like me, my dad has several pillows at any given time. Course they are all old and flat). Luckily, I was able to find this gem in the back of the linen closet. I sprayed it with some linen water and it smelled suitable-- of course, it probably hadn't been used in many years. (Oh who I am kidding, I am SURE Nicholas uses it all the time).

This New Kids on the Block pillowcase is a leftover remnant of a simpler time-- it is part of my sister's sheet set. I hate to think of what happened to the actual twin sheets. Betsy LOVED NKOTB. I remember her being obsessed with them (much like, back at Catholic school, her four-year old gang used to chase a five-year old Chad something-or-other around during recess. I mean, absolutely harassed the poor kid from the minute he came outside. Every day, he raced to the boys bathroom where he spent the entire recess, sitting in fear of what would happen if he went outside and they actually caught him. This went on the entire year. I'm sure that Chad, wherever he is today, has some serious women issues. Betsy was, and still is, quite bold.)

I liked New Kids, but not to the extent that Betsy, or even other girls in my class, did. I very clearly remember all the girls in my class picking their "favorite" and I felt sorry for Jon since no one else picked him. So, I picked him. I didn't really care, I just didn't want him to be sad that those 5th grade ICS girls didn't like him as much as Jordan or Joey. I'm sure my concern meant a lot to him.

Anyway, I'd like to think dad will be happy when he gets home from the hospital and sees this on his bed. Its not a great picture, but you get the idea. On the other hand, I doubt he will even notice. He's not known for details.

No comments: