Pages

Monday, August 30, 2010

It's been too long...

I've had internet problems since last week. Apparently the problems have fixed themselves. Last week my internet went down on Thursday, and immediately my thoughts went to the bill-- perhaps it hadn't been paid! But it was, and even after I paid the rest of the balance, it still wasn't working. This happens every so often and then I have to call ATT and they run me through some steps (that always begin with "turn off your computer and your modem." That advice hasn't worked yet.) and then we get to the point where I have to enter my id and password and internet key. Which I don't know, and have never known and we always have to reset my information and it takes forever. I really should write those things down.

Anyway, I call ATT, go through all the steps and get now where and then realize my phone is almost out of battery. So I get the charger to plug it up while still talking to Gina from ATT. Its not charging. And then, after talking to ATT for an hour and still not getting anywhere, my phone dies. So I head to CellSouth for the second time in a week. Get that problem fixed. Don't have time to figure out the internet problem. So this morning, I call ATT and while I am on hold, I open my internet browser. And, lo and behold, it works! Wireless and everything. Apparently my internet has fixed itself.

My internet-less weekend was lots of fun! I painted my porch and backdoor. The porch looks fabulous but I haven't been able to finish since its rained the rest of the weekend. The door is another story and I'm not sure how I'm going to fix that.

My aunt and I also did some shopping Thursday in Brookhaven for some fabric for curtains in my sunroom. I'm having some designer's block in that room and cannot decide what to do with the wall colors or curtains or anything. So we took a quick trip to the Garden Patch and found some great fabric. Everything there is $5.00 per yard so its a great place to look! Here are some of the fabrics , including two I almost chose:







Here is the one I did chose. I think it will look good when I finally get around to painting the walls.




We also stopped at Cowboy Jim's for an early dinner. Cowboy Jim's is my mom's favorite place so I brought her back some fried green tomatoes. However, this morning I realized I forgot to tell her and they are still in the fridge. Cowboy Jim's Riverside Restaurant outside of Collins is a great fish/steak/chicken place. Its yummy. Here are some pictures:



Here are the aforementioned fried green tomatoes:







No comments: