Pages

Sunday, August 8, 2010

Agape church

Went to Agape Church this morning with my cousin, Em. Its a non-denominational church that recently started up in Laurel. It currently meets at the Cameron Center, a couple blocks from my house but they've started renovating an old, downtown building that they will use. I've been going to church here with him for nearly a month now and I really enjoy it. I am sorta torn because I am loyal to FBC, Laurel, my home church which I love, and which I teach Wednesday night missions to elementary kids (which starts soon and I am so excited cause I miss my kids!). But, this summer, I've wanted to go with Em and I've really enjoyed the services at Agape.

This morning, Bro. James Hill, the pastor, spoke on prayer-- its the second in a month-long series. He did a great job discussing how we should pray with specificity, commitment and use God's Word to back our prayers up. We should also pray for others. Prayer is something that's really come alive in my life here recently and I'm taking notes on how to make my prayer life even better. For now, I will start praying for specific people and things in my life. Also, they gave everyone a book about prayer-- it lists different topics and corresponding verses to use in prayer (i.e., when you feel lonely, etc.). I am really excited about this book!

Nicholas and I went to Hattiesburg for a quick trip this afternoon-- Target and Books a Million. Bought some photo albums and photo boxes. After my Mamaw died back in April, we've done a good job of cleaning up and clearing out everything in her and Pop's house in order to get it put on the market. I've taken the responsibility of organizing all the photos that were framed on the walls, put into albums and stored in boxes. There are tons. And its really fun to look through. I will post some of my favorites sometime soon. I've tried to label as many of the old pictures as possible and I am going to enlist my Aunt Rita's help (she is sentimental like me and has a great memory-- better, thank goodness, than my dad's). There are some really cool older pictures-- my great, great grandparents in front of their house, lots of my grandfather, Pop and his three brothers, some of my Mamaw when she was young vacationing at the beach, and, my favorites, some of my Pop in Nazi Germany in 1945. I'm planning to frame lots of them! And put the rest into the cheap, black photo albums I bought today-- there were lots of colors and patterns to choose from and I went with safe, boring black, because I was overwhelmed!! Now, off to work on Junior Auxiliary before tomorrow's meeting!!

No comments: