Pages

Tuesday, August 31, 2010

Family time...

I love seeing my family! Sometimes I also love seeing my family leave and go home! This weekend was not one of those times, however. My Betsy came through Laurel with her boyfriend, Peter, and we had a fabulous birthday dinner for her and my cousin, Emilee. Betsy's birthday was Saturday and Em's was Sunday. We had all sorts of good food--- I made green bean casserole and my mom made pork chops, and we had deviled eggs and chocolate pie and corn on the cob. It was great! Pretty much the entire family was there, except Nicholas and Brandon. Other than that, it was a fabulous afternoon! Even Lori was there, our neighbor friend who is now like a member of the family! She's never getting rid of us!

I've only met Peter once before (Cotton Bowl of 2008) but I really like him. He's nice, he's cute, and he's continued to put up with Betsy. He even bought her a computer for her birthday this year so that, in Betsy's words, "I'd leave him alone while he was watching tv". That's brillant, and if only we'd thought of that years ago. Clever Peter!!!

Here are some pictures of the Birthday Dinner at my Aunt Ju's house.

Birthday girl Betsy and Peter!



The three girls:



Mom, Dad, Peter and Betsy at the "adult" table. Myself, Em, Ju and Lo were sitting at the "kids table". Aren't those flowers pretty??




Birthday Girl Em and myself



Lori (Lo) wondering why the heck she is hanging out with us when she doesn't have to:



The birthday girls:




Em and Ju taking a rest after all the family fun time!



Parker is super tired from all the fun as well- she is actually laying on my Aunt Ju:

No comments: