Pages

Sunday, August 22, 2010

Rain, rain, go away...

Despite the fact that its raining horribly outside, and it seems as though its rained and stormed the majority of the days in the last couple weeks, I am thinking of porch makeovers! I am ready to redo my porch and I've finally started thinking about exactly what I want. I'm thinking red/white/blue for a variety of reasons:

1) Its classic.

2) The majority of the celebrations you would have outside would involve a patriotic theme-- Independence Day, Labor Day, Memorial Day, etc. So, most of the decorating I would do for a party would be in these colors already.

3) I already have lots of red/white/blue stuff as a necessity for the Grove, so a lot of my cute decorations/linens/tablescapes/flatware would look really good with it. And save money.

Here are some of the cute porch inspirations I've found on the internet.




1 comment:

Betsy said...

Ded the last pic! Everything stark white....you will prob need to pressure wash the porch. And do LOTS of pops of blue and red! Maybe yellow too! that looks so crisp and clean! LOVE IT!