Pages

Sunday, August 22, 2010

Ready for Fall...

Anyone who knows me well would probably know that I LOVE Fall. I love football, cooler weather, school supplies, fall colors, autumn smells, and everything leading up to Christmas. Any anyone who has been around me much this summer knows I am EXTREMELY ready for this particular summer to be over with. For some reason, I'm not handling the heat and the summer very well this year. I realize that every year its just as hot and every year, its just as humid, but for some reason, this year, I'm handling it poorly. Plus, personally, its been a tough summer. Lots of changes, and you all know it takes me a long time to get used to change. So, I'm super happy about school starting, and football season and fall decorations.

Yesterday, I got a wild hair and decided that if I didn't get a couch cover for my living room couch that every day, then life would not be living and it had to be done IMMEDIATELY. Again, those of you who know me well know I get things in my head and I can't let go. I'm a tad bit impatient.

So, I've got a new couch cover. I had bought a loveseat cover several years ago from Target which never fit my loveseat, so I found it, and returned it, without the receipt, hoping that I'd at least get some of my money back. It was a great surprise when I got all of my money back! Emilee and I went to look for couch covers, and even though they had a paltry selection, I was paralyzed by indecision. Finally Em helped me get one and I think I like it. Its lighter than I originally wanted, but right now the walls are a yucky orangey-neutral color (my mom and aunt think its fine, but I liken the color to a bad Clinque makeup line on a chin-- not blended it and way too orange. Its hideous.) so the lighter color looks okay with the awful walls and will (hopefully) look okay with the new paint color (when I decide what color to paint and actually paint it).

Here are some pictures:

BEFORE



AFTER




Also, here are pictures of my sweet Parker's new "couch bed!"




Isn't she just the prettiest girl!!

No comments: