Pages

Wednesday, December 29, 2010

Things I learned at Christmas time...

So I survived the Smoky Mountains and I've lived to tell the tale. I don't have any pictures to show you guys (yet) as my camera battery died during Christmas and I cannot find the battery charger anywhere. I hope it will turn up soon.

Here are a few things I learned over the Christmas Holiday with all the family fun:

1. My mom and Betsy should not be allowed into any Walgreens unsupervised. They should also not be allowed to ride in the car together after they leave said Walgreens.

2. Snow on Christmas Day is super fun!

3. Snow the day you are trying to leave and pack up the car and get your car out of the driveway isn't super fun.

4. Parker looks ADORABLE in her Christmas sweater. Lulu looks like she got an invite to a Bad Christmas Sweater party.

5. Lulu was able to survive a rough Christmas with an annoying little cousin pestering her the entire time (Parker). I feel empathy with her as I spent many Christmases with an annoying little cousin (Em) and an annoying little sister (Betsy) pestering me. Including this Christmas. Ha!

6. Betsy does NOT like sleeping in a loft on an uncomfortable bed.

7. Nicholas and I can have a really good 8-hour drive-- we have lots of fun together!!

8. Parker does NOT prefer my dad's company to mine. She merely tolerates him. Anything evidence to the contrary is false.

9. I spent WAY too much time wrapping my gifts this year. Everyone complained at how my presents made all the other ones look inferior. Especially my presents that were wrapped in the Belk bag with the receipt still in it.

10. Geno's pizza has changed ownership and is not as good as it used to be. Super sad.

But the main thing I learned is:

My family is AWESOME. Even despite all the chuckling and fussing that went on, I love them more than anything and wouldn't change them for the world. I have the best time with them, doing nothing or everything at all. I love them so much it hurts. And sometimes, I dislike them so much it hurts, but they are the best part of me and I adore each one of them! I'm lucky!!

No comments: