Pages

Monday, December 13, 2010

Ta-Da...

I totally just realized what an awful blogging faux pas I've been committing-- I still had a Fall themed background. How embarrassing. I'm humiliated. I just hope you guys can forgive me. Its fixed now.

Now that you've forgive me for being such a blogging imbecile, I'm going to switch gears and make you super jealous of me. Tonight I attended the Lion's Club Area Christmas Party. Yep, you read that correct-- not just the Newton Lions Club, but the "Area" party. Which includes Decatur, Union and, wait for it... Collinsville. I can feel the jealousy through the computer screen. I went with the Mayor, and he wore a teal green with white striped shirt and a red sweater vest. He's really into sweater vests (and, to answer your question, yes, that is the same outfit he wore last night to church at FBC, Laurel. And no, it didn't match any better then.)

Note to blog readers-- the only people who will really understand this next paragraph will be my mom and Betsy and Nicholas. They truly "get" the Lions Club. This is for them.

We got to sit with fellow Newton Lions Joel Nelson and Joe Clay from Newton County Bank and Joel's lovely wife Vickie. It was a long night. We were the second-to-last table to get in line for food, and we retaliated by stealing the desserts from some other Newton Lions. We had desserts-- we were just bored. Lion Al Wooly sat behind us and we believe he ate the last bit of roast beef before we got in line. It got ugly after that. Laughing Louis Foley kept getting tickled on the other side of the room and was fined a couple times. My lemon meringue pie was actually coconut and I had to steal some potato from dad to get that nasty taste out of my mouth! The best part was the doorprizes. Both dad and I won-- pictured below.

One prize is a "Land Surveyors & Assay Office" figurine from The Americana Collection. The other prize was a small live green Christmas tree. Unfortunately for everyone, the pictures I took won't upload. I really hate you cannot see the figurine. Its totally going on my desk. Stop by and see sometime. Oh and it came with a writing pen from Milling Funeral Home. Jealous?

Well now the fun is over and I'm back at the office preparing for tomorrow. Wishing I was home in my comfy bed with my sweet Parker girl. However, I'm listening to KLOVE and pouring over jury lists while eating Twizzlers. My life's not always as glamorous as it was earlier tonight.

1 comment:

Unknown said...

Don't forget that my dad and uncle are lions as well and I have had the "pleasure" of going to many lions club christmas parties and lady’s night! Fun times indeed!!