Pages

Monday, December 13, 2010

Bible Reading for today...

Proverbs 18:24
There are "friends" who destroy each other, but a real friend sticks closer than a brother.

I love this verse-- it lodges in my head a lot of the time and reminds me of how really awesome my friends are. Its kinda unbelievable how I've managed to make so many great friends-- friends who are willing to stick by me when I'm in trouble, to laugh with me when I'm down, and to tell me honestly when I'm making mad decisions. Many avid readers who see me regularly will know that this year, and specifically, this semester (yes, I'm still on a semester timeline. I've been ridiculed about that a whole heck of a lot here lately, by my "friends" natch. I'm afraid I won't be able to drop that habit anytime soon!) will know that it hasn't been the best year for me. I've been pretty down (and not just about how awful Ole Miss football was this year!) here lately, and I've had a hard time turning things around. Still working on that. I'm not ready to go into details on the blog yet, but I'll be glad to share with anyone over a nice cold DC. However, I am willing to share some of the amazing things I've learned here recently. As one super fabulous friend pointed out, when all is said and done, and I'm looking back on this point in my life (hopefully, from some exotic locale somewhere with a bank account full of money and a designer purse for every hour of the day), I won't think about the bad decisions or tears, but I'll think about what I learned about myself, and more importantly, at least for purposes of this blog, what I've learned about my friends.

First of all, I've learned my friends are the only readers of this blog. Not a shocker there, but I've had a dozen people tell me lately that they need more updates on the blog! Now, you can turn that into a commentary on the state of those people's lives if you want, but I'm satisfied knowing that at least a couple people care that I've not been updating! I promise to do better!!!

Even better, I've learned that my friends are the best people in the world. They really are. You'll never convince me otherwise. And if you are reading this blog now, its a good bet that I'm putting you into this category! So YOU are one of the best people in the world!! Congratulations! A certificate will be in the mail shortly!!

I love the Proverbs verse above because its so very true (as opposed to all those other Bible verses that aren't true, I suppose). I'm working on more Bible memorization because I find it helps me to focus my mind where it should be instead of thinking and overthinking the situation at hand. This is a verse I don't have to commit to memory because its already there. Plus, its super easy to remember. I also appreciate that the website where I got this particular version included an "alphabetical" translation.

"A brother but closer come comes companions friend friends is man many may of ruin sticks than there to too who"

I'd like to buy a steak dinner for any reader who can come up with a logical reason why you'd ever need such a thing. Useless, but funny.

Ok, enough rambling. I've decided that I'm going to be spotlighting a fabulous friend of mine on this blog-- for as long as it takes to go through all of them!! There are lots!!! And I'll list all the great things about her/him and my favorite memories! I was going to start today but now this post has gotten quite long and I've got an embezzlement trial starting tomorrow that I'm working on. Plus, and I know this will make a lot of you jealous, I'm accompanying the Mayor to the Lion's Club Christmas Party tonight at ECCC. Yeah, my life's that fabulous. Rumor has it that all the ladies get gifts. I'd like to think my gift would be just getting to go and spend time with this "special" group of the community, but that wouldn't be true. I better get a good gift.

1 comment:

CJ said...

OH FUN!!! I can't wait to read more!!!