Pages

Thursday, November 18, 2010

Life Lessons, Big Checks, and Midnight Showings...

Today I was able to go with two of my Junior Auxiliary friends over to Waynesboro, Mississippi, where we accepted a $2,000.00 grant from Jarden Consumer Services. They make warming blankets (Sunbeam, Oster, Mr. Coffee, and CrockPot are some of their brands), so I was able to give a big thank you to all the people who've kept my toes warm over the year. You know I love my electric blanket and heating pad. I have my heating pad on my feet even as I type!

Laurel Junior Auxiliary had applied for the grant a few weeks ago, and I was one of the people who helped write it. It was really fun and really nice to meet all those great people. The employees voluntarily take out money from each of their paychecks throughout the year and then vote on different organizations to receive the grant money. Isn't that a wonderful thing, to have people giving up their money to help others?

I also learned a tough life lesson today. Its really been a lesson-in-the-works for quite some time now, but God certainly answered my doubts on this one in a huge way. I like to think of myself as a kind-hearted person-- I think everyone is a good person, deep down, and that all anyone needs is ton be loved or to experience true friendship. I guess its because I've been super blessed in the friendship department. And I also have a really good first instinct about people. I've only ever been wrong once-- someone I worked with a long time ago. Its a gift, really, and I pride myself on listening to my instincts about people. And I've learned that its a dangerous game to ignore those instincts. But some people are just people you should avoid. They aren't going to do anything in your life but bring you down. I've been lucky that I've gotten this far in life without coming into close contact with someone like that, but alas, my lucky streak has ended. I praise God for showing me this lesson before the situation got worse and I hope I won't forget it the next time I come across someone like this. All I can do now is move along with my pretty great life and try to forget what happened.



I've also learned that some people are just crappy people. I heard the Grinch Christmas song today (yes, I'm already listening to Christmas music, though not full-time, haters). And it occurred to me that there are lots of "life grinches"-- people who just suck. Some of these lyrics are very applicable to people, even when its not Christmas time! I hope that if any of my dear readers have people like these in their life, they will avoid them with every single breath! I don't like to think that God made bad people, and I know that God loves everyone, and therefore, so should I. But the Bible is littered with "bad guys" so its not like they are new or anything.


You're a mean one, Mr. Grinch.
You really are a heel.
You're as cuddly as a cactus,
You're as charming as an eel.
Mr. Grinch.

You're a bad banana
With a greasy black peel.

You're a monster, Mr. Grinch.
Your heart's an empty hole.
Your brain is full of spiders,
You've got garlic in your soul.
Mr. Grinch.

I wouldn't touch you, with a
thirty-nine-and-a-half foot pole.

You're a vile one, Mr. Grinch.
You have termites in your smile.
You have all the tender sweetness
Of a seasick crocodile.
Mr. Grinch.

Given the choice between the two of you
I'd take the seasick crockodile.

You're a foul one, Mr. Grinch.
You're a nasty, wasty skunk.
Your heart is full of unwashed socks
Your soul is full of gunk.
Mr. Grinch.

The three words that best describe you, are as follows, and I quote:
STINK. STANK. STUNK.

You're a rotter, Mr. Grinch.
You're the king of sinful sots.
Your heart's a dead tomato splotched
With moldy purple spots,
Mr. Grinch.

Your soul is an apalling dump heap overflowing
with the most disgraceful assortment of deplorable
rubbish imaginable,
Mangled up in tangled up knots.

You nauseate me, Mr. Grinch.
With a nauseaus super-naus.
You're a crooked jerky jockey
And you drive a crooked hoss.
Mr. Grinch.

You're a three decker saurkraut and toadstool sandwich
With arsenic sauce!


Now that my soul-cleaning is done for the year, I'm getting to the better part of my day-- tonight I'm heading to HARRY POTTER!!!! Emilee and Mallory and I have tickets for the 12:02 show! Its going to be so wonderful! I love love love Harry Potter-- those books are so creative and so interesting and its like the characters are my brothers and sisters and I'm just so darn proud of them!!! I love you dear Blog-readers and I am sorry for my above ranting. Probably most of you already knew that lesson, but I'm a slow-learner and I abhor change, so it takes me a bit longer. Don't bother to call me early in the morning! I'll be napping cause its going to be a late night! Nothing like Harry and friends to cheer me up!!!

No comments: